Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View a drawing in a prior state?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
krouse222
294 Views, 4 Replies

View a drawing in a prior state?

I know this is a tough one, but I was hoping someone smarter than myself could answer.  Is there anyway to look at a drawing in a prior state?  Say I wanted to see what it looked like 2 months ago.  And then again just one month ago.  I found a great app called HISTORY that will show each line being drawn one by one, but I can't seem to find anything else that is even close to what I would need.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: krouse222

Only if you archived/stored/saved a copy of the file two months ago, and again one month ago.

Are you using any sort of file management system with any of your files?
Message 3 of 5
krouse222
in reply to: pendean

This is honestly something that was thrown in my lap.  I work for a law firm and without going into too much detail, we are trying to establish a timeline that would help prove intent of fraud.  

Message 4 of 5
pendean

You need to access that firm's Servers, Archives, and server backups then. Having the final drawing file will do nothing for you.
Message 5 of 5
nestly2

Agree with dean, the dwg file contains no history, you'd need access to previous saved versions of the dwg to establish the state of the dwg on those previous dates.  There is "editing time" saved in the dwg properties, but that's not necessarily refletive of the actual time spent on the dwg.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost