Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIEWING BLOCKS DURING INSERTION

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ThetaConsulting
267 Views, 5 Replies

VIEWING BLOCKS DURING INSERTION

Is there a system variable that controls being able to view a block during insertion? Currently I cannot see the block I am trying to insert on the cursor to see where I will be inserting it.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: ThetaConsulting

Set DRAGMODE to Auto.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
ThetaConsulting
in reply to: Jay_B

Dragmode is already set to Auto. Now I am noticing that when I have Explode selected in the Insert Dialogue box, the block does not appear on my cursor when I try to insert it, but it does appear when I do not have Explode selected. Is this just the way it is?

Message 4 of 6
Jay_B

I can confirm that when explode is checked and DRAGMODE = Auto that I don't see the block on insert either.

Using Civil 3D 2012.

If explode is unchecked I see the block and am not aware of any other setting variables that would change this behavior.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I found that if Osnap is set to off........you can view and guide your block to where you need to insert it and then hit F3 right before to snap it to your geometry.

Message 6 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Jay_B

Well if that just isn't the most odd item I have read in a while.

And it does just as you describe. Not visible when Explode is checked.

I also read a similar thread found thru Google in the Plant3D Forum that also asked this question over a year ago:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/Blocks-not-Visible-when-inserting-a-Block/td-p/346202...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost