VIEWBASE - inventor server failed to load

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
bouwenb
25982 Views, 21 Replies

VIEWBASE - inventor server failed to load

Hi all,

when I try to use the VIEWBASE command to create views from my 3D solids, I always get the message "inventor server failed to load" and the command stops. I am using AutoCAD 2014 with SP1 installed on windows 8 .

In a similar message in the 2010/2011/2012 discussion group:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010-2011-2012-DWG/viewbase/td-p/3316345

it is suggested to reinstall the software, but this is not working for me.

I have already tried to 'repair', 'reinstall' and completely remove all the software and then reinstalling it, but nothing seems to fix this problem.

Are there any other programs I need to have installed to get this command to work?

Does anyone have a solution to fix this problem?

Any ideas on where to look for the cause of this error?

Many thanks.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
emaenda
in reply to: bouwenb

You are not alone in that. I am currently downloading Autodesk Inventor 2014 Service pack 1. I am running Building Design Suite Ultimate 2014 on Windows 8.1. but Inventor fails to launch, thats why I downloaded  sp1 If it works...Oh well..

Message 3 of 22
babgr

Hi,

I have the same problem.

BUT I fix it very simple. If you use win 8.1 - 64 bit

You must go at "Autodesk AutoCAD Services & Support"  and "Updates & Service Packs", you can fiind this at: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240618

After you must DOWNLOAD and REPLACE the file from "Model Documentation Hotfix for 64-bit Windows 8.1" that you can find at: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22443084&linkID=9240618

You must make the steps from "read me" file.

Regards,

Theo.

Message 4 of 22
bouwenb
in reply to: babgr

This solved the problem, everything works fine now.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 22
sillwwia

hi i have same problem but in autocad 2012 mechanical... where is no hotfix for that version.

i buy that program and its really sad to know that i cant fix it.. plz help

Message 6 of 22
43ieme
in reply to: sillwwia

I think Viewbase was introduced in AutoCAD 2012, but you were locked to only being able to detail one object per drawing (i.e. fairly unusable). The Viewbase command has seen a lot of improvement since then. The most stable version so far has been in AutoCAD 2015, for what it's worth.

Message 7 of 22
mjeyaraj2012

Thank so much

Message 8 of 22
bubblykorea

Hello.

I'm using Autocad 2013 and Window 8.1.

I have the same problem with others.

Command: VIEWBASE
Inventor Server failed to load.

I installed AutoCAD 2013 Service Pack 2, but it doesn't work for me.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2013-service-...

Is there other service pack? Anybody can help me, please?

Thanks

Message 9 of 22
bouwenb
in reply to: bubblykorea

Hi,

See the solution suggested by babgr, but now look for the AutoCAD 2013 Model Documentation Hotfix for Windows 8.1.

You can find it here.

Regards.

Message 10 of 22
bubblykorea

Thanks,bouwenb. It works now!!!!

Have a nice day~    Smiley Happy          

Message 11 of 22
Beka_Tchigladze

😄 thank you veru much you helped me too 😄

Beka Tchighladze
Road/Highway Technical Designer

AEC Collection/C3D 2022
WIN 11 64 PRO
Predator Triton 300SE, Intel Core i7 11370H, 24 GB
NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6 GB
YouTube--->Linkedin
Message 12 of 22
Beka_Tchigladze

😄 thank you very much you halped me too 😄

Beka Tchighladze
Road/Highway Technical Designer

AEC Collection/C3D 2022
WIN 11 64 PRO
Predator Triton 300SE, Intel Core i7 11370H, 24 GB
NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6 GB
YouTube--->Linkedin
Message 13 of 22
joewoods71

I currently have AutoCAD 2016 installed, operating on windows 7 64 bit system.  I continuously get the following error when using the Viewbase function:

Command: _VIEWBASE
Inventor Server failed to load.

I can perform a full reinstall of AutoCAD and it temporarily fixes the problem.  I have reinstalled the program over a dozen times to finish up a project.  I haven't been able to identify what is corrupting the Inventor Server File (opening older files, inserting different file types, etc.)  and it is getting really frustrating.  I'm about to give up on the command and go back to flatshooting and creating viewports for everything.  

I have seen fixes for previous versions of AutoCAD operating on Windows 8 but nothing for AC 2016.  If anyone has any feedback, fixes, or advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.  

Message 14 of 22
mrmignone

I was able to Google "Inventor Server failed to load" which brought me here and you answer solved my problem. Thanks for the link.!

Message 15 of 22
batmantoday
in reply to: mrmignone

Hello, I have the same problem several months ago, and Autodesk offers no solutions beyond -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command!. The real solution is to format the entire hard disk and install ONLY Autocad, then install everything that is normally installed, MSOffice Photoshop, etc etc ... I personally find it a scam especially if the version for Mac was purchased. I am using Autocad a long time ago but I'm migrating to other solutions such as Microstation. Thanks to Autodesk solutions for useless as badgets and most beautiful icons. For years creep problems have not been willing to resolve, I was a beta tester, you know what I mean. It's amazing that after paying $ 5,000 even have to pay additional $ 40 third parties to edit multiple sheetsets.

Message 16 of 22
martaolivares
in reply to: joewoods71

same problem here! did u fin a solution? i have autocad 2016 windows 7 64bit. someone knows how to fix this problem??

Message 17 of 22
naibeilawrence63

Hi

I have the same problem but using Auto Cad 2013 on windows 10

Please help

Message 18 of 22

Hi,

>> I have the same problem but using Auto Cad 2013 on windows 10

Windows 10 is not a supported os for AutoCAD 2013, but you may try the model-documentation hotfix >>>click<<<, also make sure you are up-to-date with your service packs for AutoCAD (hopefully you can install them on Windows 10, might result in troubles too).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 19 of 22

Thank you Alfred but it didn't work
I would appreciate if you will give more hand of help
Thanks
Message 20 of 22

Hi, Did you solve the problem ?if yes please help me 

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost