Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade From Autocad 2012 to 2015

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ryankr21
2440 Views, 4 Replies

Upgrade From Autocad 2012 to 2015

I am working on upgrading a client's autocad from 2012 to 2015 and I am completely ignorant of autocad. I am a developer who was given a .net project which uses autocad, but until now I've been able to leave that part of the project untouched. I downloaded the 2015 trial and found the acdbmgd.dll file I needed. However, the 2015 version doesn't seem to contain a dll called "acmgd.dll". Is there an equivalent dll in 2015? Again, I have no idea what I'm referring to, I'm trying to convert this project without learning autocad.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: ryankr21

First, dotNET development board is here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/NET/bd-p/152

Second, in order to program for AutoCAD you really do need to understand the basics.  If you haven't already, I'd *strongly* suggest downloading the SDK which includes references you can program against without having to hunt through the actual installs.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
ryankr21
in reply to: dgorsman

I found "acmgd.dll" in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015. The dll has clearly changed some in the new version of autocad, it seems most of the references are still broken in the code when i reference the new dll. I don't see any XML comments explaining the functions, so how would you recommend I figure out what the equivalent of the old code is in 2015? Is more detailed developer documentation anywhere? 

Dim ed As Autodesk.AutoCAD.EditorInput.Editor = doc.Editor - old code

Dim ed As Autodesk.AutoCAD.EditorInput.EditorExtension - what i see when looking for equivalent code in 2015 version

Message 4 of 5
ryankr21

I needed to add a reference to accoremgd.dll. It looks like some of the functionality was moved.

Message 5 of 5
dgorsman

Migration (and other functionality) is detailed in the SDK, as well as many posts in the dotNET board.  Most of the posters here in the general AutoCAD board don't know the first thing about programming so they won't be as much help.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost