AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

csu-it-tech
Message 1 of 4 (712 Views)

Unhandled Exception 2 (Access Violation Reading 0xd5f0d560) at address DB0D3C34h

712 Views, 3 Replies
04-09-2013 01:58 PM

I have 5 AutoCAD 2013 users that receive Unhandled Exception 2 errors when closing AutoCAD files.  All users are on Windows 7 64-bit machines, but amount of RAM varies.  Three machines have 4GB of RAM, one has 8GB and one has 12GB.  AutoCAD is 2013, SP1.1 64-bit.  All machines are Dells either Optiplex 980 with Nvidia GEForce GT330 card or Optiples 990 with AMD Radeon HD 660Series video card. 

We have updated the video drivers on both machine types to the latest version.  The users state that the errors occur on newly created files as well as files that they share between themselves, but only occurs when closing files.  AutoCAD opens with out errors.

I've attached a Word document with the series of errors that are created when closing a drawing.  Would appreciate any ideas to help resolve the issue.   

*Expert Elite*
Jay_B
Message 2 of 4 (686 Views)

Re: Unhandled Exception 2 (Access Violation Reading 0xd5f0d560) at address DB0D3

04-10-2013 05:40 AM in reply to: csu-it-tech

"I have 5 AutoCAD 2013 users that receive Unhandled Exception 2 errors when closing AutoCAD files"

Do you also have other 2013 installs configured the same that work just fine?

"The users state that the errors occur on newly created files as well as files that they share between themselves"

Is the same dwt or dwt's being used to create these new drawings?

Has a recent _Audit been ran on the dwt's being used to create the drawings?

Are the 5 users using the same arg profile?

What happens if a the vanilla profile is loaded and a user attempts to exit with this profile loaded?

"but only occurs when closing files"

Can the files be saved before the crash?

Does it seem to matter if a file is saved locally or to network?

Are these new installs or did they work until recently?

Jay

C3D 2014 SP2
Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
csu-it-tech
Message 3 of 4 (678 Views)

Re: Unhandled Exception 2 (Access Violation Reading 0xd5f0d560) at address DB0D3

04-10-2013 06:09 AM in reply to: Jay_B

Jay:

I'll have to check with the users on your questions about the dwt file and the audit.  Each user has their own arg profile.  One user has carried over his customizations since AutoCAD 2009.  I will also check on if the errors occur when saving a file.  The reports I've received are when closing AutoCAD.

All files are saved to a network drive.  AutoCAD 2013 was installed over a year ago on these machines.  The reported issues start approximately 3 months ago.  We have tried various fixes based on suggestions found on the AutoCAD forums, but nothing has worked so far.

Will post more when I have more information from the users.

csu-it-tech
Message 4 of 4 (670 Views)

04-10-2013 08:02 AM in reply to: Jay_B

Jay:

Here are the user replys:

1.  Everyone in this section gets the unhandled exception errors.  There are other installs in different sections that work just fine. 

2.  Newly created files do not have the error, but if a file that has the error is open at the same time the new file is open, the new file can obtain the error.  If the new file is closed without opening a file with the error, the new file does not get the error.

3.  A recent _Audit has been runo on the dwt files including purging and -purge.  It was also used and all unreferenced Xrefs were deleted.

4.  We do not use and arg profile.

5.  In this section a new user to AutoCAD on a machine will not have the problem initially, but will develop the symptoms after 6 - 8 weeks of using this sections drawings.  A new user to a section without the issue does not develop the issue.  Files are not shared between the sections.

6.  FIles can be saved before the crash.  It does not matter if the files are saved locally or to the network.

7.  New installs work without issue for 6 - 8 weeks, but the problem slowly creeps into the existing files.  AutoCAD is installed individually to the machines.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube