Did you mean: 

Undoing a hatch explode.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
heinlema
2301 Views, 1 Reply

Undoing a hatch explode.

Hello All,

I am working in AutoCAD 2013 on a .dwg drawing. There is a section of hatch that was exploded at some point and I want to set the individual hatch lines back to a hatch grouping, but since it was done long ago, using the undo command is not an option. It there a way I can take all of the individual hatch lines and group them back into a hatch?

My goal is to get the individual hatch marks back to a hatch group so that way I can use the hatch editor to modify the hatch style. Is this possible? Hopefully this makes sense. Please let me know if  more information is required.

Thanks,

Matt

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nestly2
in reply to: heinlema

I'm sure it's not possible to recreate a hatch from the now exploded objects.  "Undo" would work if it occured in the current drawing session, or restoring a previous/backup of the drawing if one exists, otherwise I believe you'll have to recreate the hatch.  Depending on how the drawing is layered, recreating shouldn't be that difficult.

You could group the exploded objects into a block, but it still wouldn't be editable as a hatch object.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost