Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off nesting for DGN underlay

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
butr0s
447 Views, 0 Replies

Turn off nesting for DGN underlay

In a recent project I have to work with both Microstation and Impact/AutoCad and the file formats causes me a bit of problem.

1. I have an Autocad file where the Impact people create their elements from an elevation viewpoint, in this file we reference sections from the Microstation model to get the geometries right. These are dgn-files, and are added as DGN underlay. I can set both fade and contrast to 0 to make them more visible, but still when I print the dgn-files come out as weak gray contours at best. How can I adjust the print? It looks good in the print preview, but comes out very faint both from printer and as pdf. I have tried with monochrome settings, as well as adjusting locked layer fading to 0% but to no avail.

2. When I refrence this file in to a new DWG and add it as overlay the dgn files are nested when I open the file in AutoCad but not in Microstation. Can I turn off the nesting in AutoCad? I cant choose to ref the dgns as overlay in the original file, which I could with a dwg, so I cant find a way to not nest them to the next file.

Would be grateful for any advice. I am not so good with AutoCad since Microstation is my major platform.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost