Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trusted Paths

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jayala79
1233 Views, 3 Replies

Trusted Paths

I recently noticed that adding Trusted Paths to the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D001\Variables\TRUSTEDPATHS does nothing. The trusted paths have to be added to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D001:409\Profiles\PROFILENAME\Variables. Is there a directory in the registry where I can add TRUSTEDPATHS so that it appends it to all profiles?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jayala79

Hi,

>> where I can add TRUSTEDPATHS so that it appends it to all profiles?

IMHO no, this variable is a profile specific one and can be different with every profile.

I have not tried it, but you might add it with techniques like ACAD.LSP or similar if the ACAD.LSP file is placed within an AutoCAD folder that is always in the support paths.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
jayala79
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I have created  a LISP file that reads the TRUSTEDPATH variable and appends directories to it. But it would be nice to be able to add them to the registry under HKLM.

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jayala79

Hi,

>> But it would be nice to be able to add them to the registry under HKLM.

Well, would be, yes. But there is no option for that.

Otherwise you might have 2 different values for the same sysvar, which one should then be the active one? 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost