Did you mean: 

Trial version - error [object Error]

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
bmcquaid
3354 Views, 20 Replies

Trial version - error [object Error]

I have downloaded the Trial version of AutoCAD 2015 and would like to try it for 30 days. It asks me to "Please sign in to access your trial." and when I do it says "error [object Error]". What can I do to fix this? The sign in info is correct, and this happens with different trials and on different computers as well as my home and work network.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
JDMather
in reply to: bmcquaid

Can you post screen shot of this message?

I do not recall ever seeing this.

If it is valid - your login credentials that you used to access this forum should work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 21
bmcquaid
in reply to: JDMather

Message 4 of 21
bmcquaid

Any idea what could be causing this? Like I said, it happens at work and home, I've tried different computers and nothing. I've triend signing in with another name as well and it still happens.

Message 5 of 21
bmcquaid

Bump

This has been a nagging issue. Anybody have a clue? I included a pic 2 posts up.

Message 6 of 21
justshutup

@bmcquaid wrote:

Bump

This has been a nagging issue. Anybody have a clue? I included a pic 2 posts up.

You should contact a local reseller.  

Message 7 of 21
bmcquaid
in reply to: justshutup

So far nothing has worked and no one has helped. Is there anyone else having this issue? Is anyone else able to download a trial version to try for 30 days? I was recommending the program to my company but this has been a major issue as I cannot even show them how the product works.

Message 8 of 21
JDMather

What is the url that you are downloading the Trial from?

http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad/free-trial#

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 9 of 21
justshutup

@bmcquaid wrote:

So far nothing has worked and no one has helped. Is there anyone else having this issue? Is anyone else able to download a trial version to try for 30 days? I was recommending the program to my company but this has been a major issue as I cannot even show them how the product works.

If you told a local reseller that you would like to show this to your company, they will actually go to your office and demonstrate it for you.  Have you contacted a reseller and explained this?  If they won't demo for you, tell them that you will take your business elsewhere.  

Message 10 of 21

I have the same issue, tired of their non care attitude over issues.

Message 11 of 21

Agreed, no answer here was anything helpful. Telling me just to try something else doesn't stop the error. I've moved on relizing either they can't duplicate the problem or simply don't know what's causing it or how to fix it.

Message 12 of 21
KxZero

Try Changing your password so that it dose not contain any special characters.

I had a # in my password and was getting the [object Error] message. But when I updated my password to one that did not have any special characters I no long got the error and was able to activate the trail.

Message 13 of 21
atlasgemini
in reply to: KxZero

Yep, this seems to do the trick.  All those years of training of putting crazy passwords were messing with the program.  changed to no special characters and seems to work now.  Thanks, 

Message 14 of 21
Rob
Contributor
in reply to: atlasgemini

So I am running into a similar situation...

I have several valid 2015 licenses, but I needed to do some code testing and only have one machine available right now to test on. It's not a CAD machine, so rather than use up a license, I decided to install as a trial version.  After install I start AutoCAD and this dialog pops up asking for my Autodesk credentials in order to run the trial. 

No matter what I try I cannot get my account to log in.  I keep getting a Java script error.  I have changed passwords (per above), etc..., but it does not work.  After attempting to login, the trial login screen is blank except for an "Exit Trial" button.  AutoCAD just sits there behind the trial login screen with a status of "Checking License...".  If I click Exit Trial, AutoCAD starts up and closes with a couple of messages about an invalid license and contacting my reseller.

There is not even an "Activate License" option like there used to be in previous versions.  I have tried importing a license, but I have no licenses exported so that didn't work.  Does anyone know the right combinaiton of registry edits in order to add my serial number?  I guess I will have to resort to unistalling and re-installing it with a license. 😛

Seems to me it worked perfectly before, but now it's just a broken mess.  (As an aside, I wonder how many people saw the login requirement and said, forget it... onto something else.)

Error attached.

Message 15 of 21
blgarrison

Having same issue.  Have purchased the subscription for AutoCAD Electrical 2016, have received confirmation of the sale, have NOT received the welcome email with authorization information.  Downloaded the trial so I could begin to use the software, but get the "error [object Error]" when I attempt to login to the trial.

Message 16 of 21
hmcwb

If your password have symbols you need to change to just Characters and Numbers.

This solve the problem for me.
Message 17 of 21

I have the same issue. Can't reach anyone. Can't find a solution. Want to try this 6 thousand dollar product before I buy it again. 

Message 18 of 21

You should be able to sign in using the same username and password you used here.

Did you download from the Autodesk Virtual Agent?

Message 19 of 21
pete
in reply to: KxZero

Taking a # out of my password worked for me as well. Why can't the dammed error just explian itself !.

So much for hi strength passwords.

All activated and runing now.

Good job the main login didn't reject my #ing password.

Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 21
bmcquaid
in reply to: pete

I bet this is the problem and answer, after 14 months you may have solved it haha I'll try next week sometimes and see if that helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost