Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbar docking

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jamied2000
567 Views, 4 Replies

Toolbar docking

Is there a way to dock the toolbars above the drawing tabs?  A co-worker likes them they way they were above the drawing tabs.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: jamied2000

Are you talking about the lack of ability to do this in Civil 3D 2015?
What version did it work the way you want?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 5
hwalker

I've only got LT2012 at work, but it's LOCK LOCATION.

If they have the standard toolbars at the top, there is hopefully a grey blank area to the right. Right click on that.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 5
jamied2000
in reply to: rkmcswain

Oh sorry this is for AutoCAD 2015.  You know how the ribbon is locked above the drawing tabs.  My co-worker isn't real fond of the ribbon yet so he wants to stick with toolbars.  But when he goes and locks them they will only lock below the drawing tabs instead of above like 2014 and previous versions did.

Message 5 of 5
rkmcswain

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

I don't see any way to dock toolbars between the Ribbon and the Drawing Tabs in 2015.

A lot of people want to place the Drawing Tabs at the bottom, but that still isn't an option either. You would think they might study all the 3rd party Drawing Tabs apps and include these features. Which reminds me, I think there are still 3rd party Drawing Tabs apps available for 2015, so you could turn off the built in one, put the other one at the bottom, and then dock the toolbars at the top, in between the Ribbon and the Editor window.

EDIT: I do NOT see any 3rd party apps for 2015. My mistake

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost