Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Palettes won't populate

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
critterman
1102 Views, 1 Reply

Tool Palettes won't populate

I'm using AutoCAD 2014.  Nothing special.

When we upgraded from 2013 I migrated all of my tool palettes and settings over to 2014 earlier this year.  All seemed normal up until Friday when I created a new palette.  That part was normal, but when I tried to drag a block from Design Center to that tool palette it wouldn't populate.  It seemed like it was going to, it gave me that typical >--------< under where the block would show up in the tool palette, but when I tried to release it in the palette, nothing.

Additionally, if I right click on a directory/folder in design center and select "Create Palette of Blocks" (which I have done a million times before), it will create the tab of the directory/folder I have created but does not pupulated it with the blocks within that directory/folder.  Leaving me with a blank Tool Palette.  

Any ideas??

Ted K.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David125
in reply to: critterman

I had a similar issue. I have a tool palette on a network, with 2013 I had no problem making changes to the tool palette and haveing changes be visible to users on next AutoCAD session.

Now I find I have to delete the path on Tool Palettes File Locations. When you hit apply AutoCAD uses the default location. I then repath it to my custom Tool Palettes and all is good again. Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost