AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Khymmie
Message 1 of 7 (1,230 Views)

Tool Palettes and Design centers

1230 Views, 6 Replies
11-28-2012 12:30 PM

At my previous place of employment I used ACAD 2010 and ACAD 2011 Design Suites.  One of the programs had tool palettes and/or design centers that enabled me to build my structures choosing blocks of wall types, windows, casework and doors, trees via a palette all in 3d and 2d form. I was able to change my views all around the 3d model and walk thru it with a camera. I did several homes using this program. I don't know what the difference is but ACAD 2013 does not appear to have it. Was it an add on?  Please help It saved me a lot of time.

Any assistance and diirection is greatly appreciated.

Khatlaw

**Master
dmfrazier
Message 2 of 7 (1,219 Views)

Re: Tool Palettes and Design centers

11-28-2012 02:12 PM in reply to: Khymmie

Yes, I'm afraid it was an "add on" in that it was either part of a "vertical" product or it was in-house customization (or a combination).

Khymmie
Message 3 of 7 (1,208 Views)

11-28-2012 06:17 PM in reply to: dmfrazier

Oh No!!!!  That is not true!! Since I posted that I have been going thru Autodesk ACAD brochure looking for key words like tools, catalog, Palettes etc., etc.. Eurica!!! Autodesk has ACAD Building Design and ACAD Architecture.  Yes I was indeed using an ACAD Design Suite, but in the suite was the inclusion of AUTOCAD "ARCHITECTURE".   AutoCAD Architure gives the user the abilitlity to build in 3D format with various tools, palettes and catalog to pull from. I loved this program. I am ot an extreme builder but it is nice to know that there is a program that could take me there.

**Master
dmfrazier
Message 4 of 7 (1,196 Views)

11-29-2012 05:09 AM in reply to: Khymmie

AutoCAD Building Design and AutoCAD Architecture are "vertical" products (as I had indicated).  I think you said you are currently using the "basic" AutoCAD 2013 product, which does not include the additional features contained in either of those products.  To get those features, you must purchase (or possibly "cross-grade" to) a product that has them.

Khymmie
Message 5 of 7 (1,194 Views)

Tool Palettes and Design centers

11-29-2012 05:18 AM in reply to: dmfrazier
My apologies!   I didn't mean to insult your intellengence. I am obviously ignorant to the termanologies. I truly appreciate your opinion and knowledge and most definitely, your assistance. I sincerely thank you and look forward to more discussions in the future . Khymmie
**Master
dmfrazier
Message 6 of 7 (1,193 Views)

11-29-2012 05:43 AM in reply to: Khymmie

No insult taken, so no apology necessary!

We're all "ignorant" before we learn (and sometimes even after).

I'm happy to help, and hope you are successful in getting the AutoCAD tools that help you do the great work you know you can do.

Active Contributor
Greek2Me
Message 7 of 7 (670 Views)

11-05-2013 04:45 AM in reply to: Khymmie

Autodesk Design Center (ADC) or pallets in Architectural Desktop, Architectural Suite, etc. come with massive librarys of pretty advanced (multiview and/or dynamic) blocks, but understand that even "vanilla" Autocad has both ADC and Tool Pallets, but with minimal content. In other words, the capability is there, but you must either create your own content or download from any of the vast arrays of content available from various sites all across the web.

Maranatha

"It has recently been revealed that Murphy's Law was NOT actually written by Murphy, but by another individual with the same name."

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube