Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is a problem with the installation and AutoCAD LT cannot continue.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1870 Views, 1 Reply

There is a problem with the installation and AutoCAD LT cannot continue.

My Auto CAD LT installation drops out every night when not in use and sometimes during use.    I cannot run either Repair od Reinstall to resolve the problem and must Uninstall and then Reinstall.    this has been happening now over weeks and I have tried averything I know to resolve thr problem.  The Error message I receive is:

"There is a problem with the installation and AutoCAD LT cannot continue.

This error may occur if the registry cleaner software has removed or altered registry keys that are required to run AutoCAD LT.

To restore the required registry keys, you will need to reinstall AutoCAD LT using the Add/Remove Program functionality in the Windows Control Panel."

Presumably if Autodesk have an error message, they are also aware of (i) the name of the registry cleaner software  causing the problem, (2) the specific registry keys that are causing the problem, or (3) some manner of fixing the problem.

Is there a fix for this problem from either Autodesk or from a registry cleaner program.     Were I not already 80 years old and nearing the end of my limited use in Architecture I would consider an Upgrade, but fear I would not get the use out of an Upgrade to justify the cost.  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dmfrazier
in reply to: Anonymous

"This error may occur if the registry cleaner software..."

The AutoCAD message only "assumes" you have used a registry cleaner (as some of these are rather indiscriminate in their "cleaning" actions).  Do you have a registry cleaner installed and running on your machine?  If so, it should perhaps be uninstalled and replaced (if necessary) with something of a higher quality.  If not (to your knowledge), then you may have some form of "malware" or some other software that is making unwelcome changes to the registry.

"Were I not already 80 years old and nearing the end of my limited use in Architecture I would consider an Upgrade, but fear I would not get the use out of an Upgrade to justify the cost."

There's no reason to believe that upgrading AutoCAD would resolve the issue.

"this has been happening now over weeks and I have tried averything I know to resolve thr problem."

If you can identify a date when the problem first occurred, a System Restore to a date before that time might resolve the issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost