Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texture map problems when rendering in AutoCAD

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
compassray
1521 Views, 10 Replies

Texture map problems when rendering in AutoCAD

I have an exhibit with materials and lights are applied, there are texture maps applied to represent graphics on some of the solids. When I render the front of the exhibit everything looks great. when I render the back of the exhibit where ever there are texture maps applied they render black. I discovered if I rotate the whole exhibit 180 the graphics then render ok but the ones now in the back render black. Anyone know why or has experience this? This only happens with the texture maps everything else renders ok.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pothied
in reply to: compassray

First I have to say that I'm no expert on Rendering so hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can help here but it sounds like the normal for the object is flipped so that the wrong side of the object is being rendered. What happens if you change the Force 2-sided to ON in your render settings? I seem to remember something about being able to flip the normal of an object but I'm not sure if that was in AutoCAD or another program.

RenderSettings.png

David Pothier

Message 3 of 11
compassray

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried it but it still is having the same
problem with rendering.

Ray Gomez

Detail Engineer
Direct: 404.888.7725
ray@compasscollective.com

Facebook
twitter
flickr linked in

Compass Collective

165 Ottley Drive
Atlanta, GA 30324
p: 800.492.3402
f: 404.875.7917
compasscollective.com

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com
Message 4 of 11
pothied

Would you be willing to attach the drawing to this forum so I could work with it directly to find the issue?

David Pothier

Message 5 of 11
compassray
in reply to: pothied

Attached is the model and maps. I tried it on a different computer with a lot more power just to see if the results would be different but they were the same.

Message 6 of 11

Hi,

I changed the thickness of that one geometry + assigned the texturemap-coords (command _MATERIALMAP), all with AutoCAD 2015 ... is that what you were looking for?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 11

Alfred, thank you for your help. But I'm still having problems with rendering the backside. Please see attachments. #1 is looking at the front of the exhibit, everything renders ok. #2 is the back of the exhibit and all texture maps except for one don't render and look black. #3 is taking the exhibit and rotating it 180 degrees. Now the back is facing the front in the ucs and it all renders ok. But now when I move my view to the back and render it all Texture maps render black which is jpeg #4, I can only attach 3 files with this post. I will reply to this one to include #4 jpeg.

Message 8 of 11
compassray

Attached is jpeg #4 for previous post.

Message 9 of 11

Hi,

there are to many items and it's hard now to discuss what you expect from what object.

Can you reduce your drawing to one or two object that does not render as you expect it and upload that drawing.

>> I can only attach 3 files

You can create one ZIP file with all 4 files in it, so you only have to upload one file.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 10 of 11

Hi guys,

I tried to make a render using PNG file as image of diffuse parameter into AutoCAD 2016 material (in 3DS i can make it), but it doesn't work properly because it's all black in the rendering. Then I tried with a JPEG file, and It work properly. I hope that this information can help you.

M.Biasi
Message 11 of 11

Hi,

please upload a drawing + the image file you used as texture so we can look into it.

There are thousands of possible reasons why a rendering or part of it might be black, but the fileformat? can't believe it (but want to play with it).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost