AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

gberg
Message 1 of 3 (172 Views)
Accepted Solution

Template File Location Setting

172 Views, 2 Replies
11-11-2013 12:36 PM

The default file location for the template .dwt file in my AutoCAD options keeps resetting to None (see attaached, red arrow).  It should be the same location as the line below it (see attached, green arrow).  I have reset it a few times now, but it keeps reverting back to None.  Do you know why this is happening and/or how I can fix it so the setting will stay?

Distinguished Mentor
steve216586
Message 2 of 3 (149 Views)

Re: Template File Location Setting

11-11-2013 01:22 PM in reply to: gberg

One cause may be that you don't have write permission into the folder where you are directing AutoCAD to look. Try placing your template on your local drive and see if the template location stays directed to that folder.

**Master
dmfrazier
Message 3 of 3 (142 Views)

Re: Template File Location Setting

11-11-2013 01:32 PM in reply to: gberg

Are you able to change other path settings?  (This sounds like a Windows profile/user privileges issue, rather than a file access issue, particularly if you can set the sheet creation template to the same file/location with no similar issue.)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube