Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jfox3ster
213 Views, 4 Replies

Tables

Hi all, this is my first post although I have been using autocad for many years.  Currently using Autocad Architecture 2014 as generic autocad.

I am trying to take the value of a cell, which is a sum of cells above, and use that value elseware in the same drawing.

We have a table showing various areas and a total area.  We want the same total area to appear on the title block.

I can accomplish it by copying the cell to a new one cell table and then editing that cell to a new formula based on the cell of the original table.  This identifies the name of the table and the cell location. (see attached)

Can anyone suggest a simpler method of doing this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dmfrazier
in reply to: jfox3ster

Insert a FIELD (on its own, or via an ATTDEF) in your title block and link the field to the cell in the table.

How does that work?

Message 3 of 5
jfox3ster

Sorry, it does not work as the title block is inserted as a block in up to 25 layouts and the table cell is in model space of the drawing, not linked to outside file.

Jim Fox
Senior Draftsperson
Montorio Homes Ltd.
5607 - 129 Avenue
Edmonton, Ab. T5A 0E1
Ph: 780.476.7070 ext: 244
Fax: 780.476.8150
Email: JimF@montorio.ca

[Description: Description: cid:image003.jpg@01CB71C5.71815B30]
Message 4 of 5
dmfrazier

"...the table cell is in model space of the drawing"

And you can't link to the cell from Paperspace.  Yes, I should have realized that. Sorry.

Another thought: Would it be practical to open a small viewport in your paperspace layouts showing a view of the table cell you want to see on each layout?

Message 5 of 5
jfox3ster
in reply to: dmfrazier

That is what we tried first but I was looking for an easier method.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost