Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables linked to excel changes format when excel is edited.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
David125
524 Views, 3 Replies

Tables linked to excel changes format when excel is edited.

I've started using tables linked to excel files for drawing index on cover sheets. My problem is when I delete or add lines on my excel sheet it changes the format on some of the cells changing font size and justification on some cells of my table. The changes to my table seems random.

Any similar problems out there? Any work arounds?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: David125

The changes in Excel do not resize the Table in AutoCAD, so it either squeezes down or enlarges: is that a better description of your issue?
Message 3 of 4
David125
in reply to: pendean

The items that change on my table are the text size,which increases or decreases and sometimes the justification of the text. The table itself does not change other than the cells that were added/deleted. The format change happens only to text in the cells in close proximity to the cells that were either added/deleted on the excel sheet. Hope this makes more sense.

Message 4 of 4
dbroad
in reply to: David125

After adding or deleting an excel row, the linked object should be deleted and the file relinked.  There is no other way that works well.  The alternative is to avoid inserting and deleting rows and instead copy/move information between rows.  You can leave a few blank rows in your linked reference that might get filled later.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost