8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
CADEngr2014
39292 Views, 8 Replies

TRANSPARENT HATCH

Hello,

I am using AutoCAD 2014.

Trying to get transparent hatch to look transparent.  Anyone know what I have to do to get transparent hatch to work?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
darawork
in reply to: CADEngr2014

Does changing the Transparency value of the layer that the hatch is on in 'Layer Properties Manager' not work as expected?

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 9
drjohn

Perhaps TRANSPARENCYDISPLAY = 1 OR 0

When you plot, don't forget to tick PLOT TRANSPARENCY in the plot dialogue.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 4 of 9
CADEngr2014
in reply to: darawork

Yes, I have changed it in the Layer Properties, and tried just modifying the hatch, which is the way I typically control transparency.  Yes I toggled transparency on when printing.  But no results.

Message 5 of 9
CADEngr2014
in reply to: drjohn

Yes, the transparency toggle was on when printing.

Message 6 of 9
darawork

What sort and model printer do you have..?

Networked in an office?

IT dept?

What are your system specs?

O.S.?

Do you have a custom .pc3 file for your printer with pen sizes , thickness and ink colour and all that stuff?

As a workaround, if there's a deadline... maybe use a raster overlay with layer transparency set and fade at 50% in the viewport?

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 7 of 9

Hi,

try to do the same within a new drawing (create a layer with transparency 50 or so, create a hatch on that layer, make sure TRANSPARENCYDISPLAY is on, create a line, use draworder to push this line under the hatch) and if there is the same issue then please upload the drawing.

If allowed, then you might also upload the drawing you are currently working with.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 8 of 9
kittugs143

Hi
I hope this may helpfull 

Message 9 of 9
Raisaac123
in reply to: kittugs143

Thank you! If it wasn't for that option on PLOT I would not have guessed it.

You're a life safer!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost