Did you mean: 

System Freeze on block move

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
PotchAcademy2013
562 Views, 3 Replies

System Freeze on block move

Good Day,

This is Robert, SYstems Administrator for an academy.

This morning we had a very funny incident during an test session. One of our students was busy setting up blocks when she issuesed a move command to one of the items and the system froze up. The cursor disappears over the drawing area but is visible else where on the screen. I noted that the drawing coordinates seem to have been frozen or locked as well and no other commands or function whether typed or selected work. She tried to save, after the freez started but to no avail.

No error report was generated and the system does not show any signs of being busy with anything in particular. I don't know if this has happened before, and we really don't have much time during test/exam sessions to do troubleshooting.

Please advise?

P.S. We asked the studente to redo the specific task (since it does not appear to be her fault) but it is very annoying and problematic to have these types of issues at an academic level.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
braudpat
in reply to: PotchAcademy2013

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Please a few more Infos ...

- We don't know if you are speaking about ACAD 2013 ou ACAD 2014 ?

- Have you installed the SP 2 on ACAD 2013 OR the SP 1 on ACAD 2014 ?

- Which Windows exactly ? Win XP Pro, Seven, Win 8.0, Win 8.1 ?

- 32 or 64 bits ?

- How many Gb Ram on your PC ?

- Have you the problem on a "small" drawing ?

- Are you running with "Graphic Hardware Acceleration" ON or OFF ?

Thks in advance for your Infos ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

Hi, sorry about that. Like I said. Being in the middle of exam sessions does not give us any time to do troubleshooting.

The details are as follows:

- AutoCad 2014
- Yes, the SP 1 pack has been installed

- Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit

- 6GB of RAM

- The problem started on a small drawing

- All systems run Graphics Hardware Enabled

I cannot recreate the problem since I don't know what prompted the problem in the first place.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: PotchAcademy2013

So no one can repeat the problem anymore? Then it was just a glitch. It happens.

Otherwise you added more info: the user opened and edited the file without moving it from the email client? Big mistake and you probably could repeat the problem under those oddball conditions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost