Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Panel Overlay Creation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Vizsion
267 Views, 1 Reply

Switch Panel Overlay Creation

Fairly new here and tend to use Autocad for everything, it's addicting!

I have designed a custom control unit/switch panel some 15 x 8 inches with groups of indicator lights, LCD displays, meters and switches. I have each group of components framed and labeled using Autocad 2013. I have laser cut the panel and the frame that holds it and everything turned out great, could not of asked for a better outcome. OK it would be better if I could get the ‘artwork - text and rectangular framed regions’ turned into something like a dry-transfer decal.

With dry-transfer decals, if that’s what they are called, I don’t even have to have the corresponding panel holes punched out in the decal because only the text/lines/artwork transfers from the decal to the aluminum switch panel. Dry-transfers also allows you to align the decal in the final orientation it will be in just before application, so alignment is very friendly.

I don’t know if any of this is possible because I have looked on the Internet and can’t seem to find exactly what I am looking for. I might be using the wrong name for the dry-transfers, or it doesn’t exist. I figured that others must have done similar projects using Autocad so I was hoping that posting this in a forum might get me some answers that point me in the right direction. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jggerth
in reply to: Vizsion

interesting .. you might want to check with a local signmaker about the media you'll need.  Acad can plot a reversed image easily enough, as long as you can find the media to print on, and a printer/plotter large enough to print out your layout.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost