Did you mean: 

Stretching Multiple Dimensions

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
alexzervakis
7670 Views, 4 Replies

Stretching Multiple Dimensions

I know that you can individually move dimensions with control points / isolate the dimension layer and stretch, but is there a more simple solution or possibly a lisp that will stretch all the dimension strings that lie on the same line? (Similar to how you can move a whole dimension string in Revit.)

Thanks!

Alex

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
FitzUS
in reply to: alexzervakis

There are two ways that I've found you can stretch multiple dimensions.

If you want to have multiple dimension strings "move" a basepoint from varying locations to the same reference line you can use the extend or trim command.  (For some reason you can use a fence select when extending, but must select each dimension string when trimming.)

To move multiple basepoints in varying locations the same distance and direction you can use multiple grip select.  First, select all the dimension strings you wish to modify.  Then, hold the shift key down as you select the grip of each of the basepoints you want to move.  Once you have all the grips you want selected, let go of the shift key and pick another grip.  You can then cycle through the 5 basic edit commands, STRETCH, MOVE, ROTATE, SCALE, and MIRROR.

Message 3 of 5
alexzervakis
in reply to: FitzUS

I was hoping autocad would have a better solution, but yours is the best that the program has.

Thank you

Message 4 of 5
JamesMaeding
in reply to: FitzUS

I know this post was from last year, but I just started using mleaders and was amazed to see that moving the text moved the whole leader.

The old qleader setup stretched the leader. It was much more convenient to move the text, than pick all the grips.

Should I issue a black wrist support when we "upgrade" to mleaders? Some people spend hours a day moving the text to not overlap for survey shots.

C3D does not do any better...

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 5 of 5
ChipBeam
in reply to: JamesMaeding

You can use the "MLA" command to line up the text without picking grips or moving the leader landing location. Hope that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost