Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stretching Limitation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BuckWyckoff
246 Views, 2 Replies

Stretching Limitation

This has bugged me forever (AutoCAD 2.6).  It's been ignored for far too long and needs to be fixed.

Stretching is way too picky about viewports.  If you cross-select part of an object and start to stretch, you cannot change viewports or the selection set is ignored.  I, just now, tried to stay in the same viewport (because I know), but I rolled my mouse-wheel to get closer in and the orignal part of the mesh I was stretching went off the bottom of the screen.  You guessed it....my selection was lost.

Way so picky?  Once you drag a selection and have the vert sub objects defined, it shouldn't matter if I finish in another viewport, or zoom in and move around in the same viewport.  Sometimes the thing you are stretching has to be selected in a macro view (of a particular viewport) but the placement needs to happen zoomed in to see what you are doing (or from another viewport altogether).

It would be awesome if this limitation that plagued the Stretch command since the dawn of time, would go away.  While you are at it, make a "previous" option to stretch automatically reselect the previous stretch elements.  That would be sweet.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: BuckWyckoff

You're preaching to the choir by only posting here.
Tell Autodesk direct through one of many methds like here http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?id=1073063&siteID=123112
And AuGI's wilist portal here http://www.augi.com/communities/ACAD-Community/autocad-wishlist/
Message 3 of 3
doni49
in reply to: BuckWyckoff

Since you say it's done this since R2.6, I have to assume you're not talking about MViews in layouts.  Which leads to the old VPORTS command.

I just did it in 2012.

StretchInVP_1.png

StretchInVP_2.png

StretchInVP_3.png

StretchInVP_4.png

StretchInVP_5.png

StretchInVP_6.png

StretchInVP_7.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost