Did you mean: 

Solid Is Empty - AutoCAD Message

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Martin60
807 Views, 3 Replies

Solid Is Empty - AutoCAD Message

I recently had a problem when using soldraw and received the message Solid Is Empty and it failed to genrate the view.

Having researched the problem I written about it and published a function to remove the problem objects.

Thought I would hsare this here in case others have the same problem Click here for my solution.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: Martin60

Thanks for the information.  I've never experienced this particular issue myself (AFAIK) but I am curious whether the problem also occured in previous versions, or is it a new issue with AutoCAD2014.    I ask because my observation is that 2013-2014 seem to be more prone to spontaneous corruption of 3D solid objects than their predecessors

Message 3 of 4
Martin60
in reply to: nestly2

My initial thought is that this problem has always existed. Though in 20 years I have not experienced it before.

You probably would not notice it unless your using soldraw, flatshot or some other function that programatically selects 3DSolids.

Message 4 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: Martin60

I use FLATSHOT a lot with AutoCAD2011 and never experience any issues with 3D Solid corruption.  I've just noticed more issues with 3D solids going wonky recent and was curious about the timeline of your issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost