Did you mean: 

Shortcut for TEXTEDIT not working in 2015

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
johnw
1869 Views, 9 Replies

Shortcut for TEXTEDIT not working in 2015

I use a shortcut called ED for Edit Text or "Textedit" command and it doesnt work on 2015 now.

(defun c:ED () (command "TEXTEDIT"))

Does anyone know why this no longer is working?

Thanks,

John W.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: johnw

As a test (defun c:XX () (command "TEXTEDIT")) works fine here in plain AutoCAD 2015 where you are posting: perhaps something else has ED locked up?

Did you "migrate" from an older version? have an add-on?

Any reason ED can't be in your PGP file since your lisp doesn't seem to do much more than call the command? Just curious.
Message 3 of 10
johnw
in reply to: pendean

I adjusted some items in my support file search path and it works now. Thanks for the quick response!

Message 4 of 10
mikem
in reply to: johnw

Care to share how you fixxed this? I'm having the exact same issue. ( "ED" is listed correctly in the pgp file. Yet still comes up as "Unknown Command")

Message 5 of 10
johnw
in reply to: mikem

It actually just started working by itself oddly. I didn't do anything! 2015 was very quarky and I uninstalled it and went back to 2014. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
Message 6 of 10
ashtonbowman
in reply to: pendean

I am having the same problem.  I noticed that DDEDIT is no longer a command in 2015, and has been replaced by TEXTEDIT AND MTEDIT, but even when I edit aliases and try to create ED as a shortcut for MTEDIT or TEXTEDIT, it still does not work.  Is there no way to use ED for a shortcut in 2015?  Thanks for your help!

Message 7 of 10
Jared007
in reply to: ashtonbowman

So I had this same issue and what I found was that there was a duplicate Textedit shortcut in the pgp file.  Make sure you look through all the sections in the pgp file and delete the duplicates.  I only found one duplicate.  This solved the problem.

Message 8 of 10
johnw
in reply to: Jared007

I will see if that's the problem on my end too. Thanks for the info.
Message 9 of 10
johnw

I added this to my acaddoc.lsp file and ED works fine in 2018.

Message 10 of 10
johnw

I added this to my acaddoc.lsp file and ED works fine in 2018.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost