Did you mean: 

Shifting Viewport when printing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mgills
3911 Views, 6 Replies

Shifting Viewport when printing

Hello,

I have AutoCAD 2015 installed. When I prepare my drawing to print, everything is evenly evenly lined up and good to go. When I print, whether to PDF or to the printer, the whole image shifts down and to the left. It seems as though the margins change and the origin is the bottom right corner.

Once I go back to the drawing, it has shifted down. This usually means I have to reset the title block and try again. I have no idea why it's happening and couldn't find anything online.

I just got AutoCAD 2015 but was using LT 2014 before. Same problems happened.

I attached PDF showing the differences.

Thanks in advance for any help. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: mgills

Can't do much with a useless PDF: if you want to share something please post the DWG file and let's all have a look at your file settings etc.

Message 3 of 7
mgills
in reply to: pendean

DWG is attached. 

Thanks. 

Message 4 of 7
dmfrazier

(My reply is based on 2013, as I don't have 2015 installed, but hopefully things haven't changed significantly.)

One thing to check is in Options, Plot and Publish tab, Specify plot offset relative to...(Printable Area/Edge of Paper).  See if changing this setting resolves the issue. 

This setting interacts with the Plot Offset setting on the Plot dialog (lower-left), so you might have to tweak both of these to get what you want.

Message 5 of 7
pendean

What's ADOBE PDF driver actually pointing to?
Can you not use the built-in DWG TO PDF.PC# file driver?

I adjusted your viewport in LAYOUT1 after setting the above driver, using your 11x17 page and plotted to PDF. Nothing shifted at all. See your yourself in the attachments.

Are you sure you're not opening a layout that is not set up correctly, making changes to PLOT command, then plotting and seeing the result getting skewed? That's a common mistake a user can make when "in a hurry" and not paying attention. Setting SAVE CHANGES TO LAYOUT in the PLOT command pop-up also shifts your layout after the plot is completed too.

Message 6 of 7
brian

I am having a similar type of problem but in a slightly different way.
I have a 2014 P&ID file with multiple layouts which has, in 2014 plotted and published without problem with my printer.

I can print and preview each layout without any problem using my files page setups in 2015. When I publish those layouts with 2015 the plot origin appears to shift roughly 1/16" up and to the right just cutting off the right and top sides of the border. My file is set to plot with named pagesetups where my plot area is a window, plot offset is centered.

I opened the file with 2014 (There's no compatibility problems between 2014 & 2015) and published my layouts without any origin shifting in my plots. Opened the file with 2015 and published with the same origin shifting. Same file, same printer, I am current on my 2015 Service Packs. My problem is replicated through AutoCAD and Windows restarts with the only change being software version.

I have experienced plot shifting when using a "nonplotting" cutline on OCE large format printers (years ago) and with poorly developed blocks where the origin point of the block was outside of the border limits and I was plotting to extents instead of a window. I would say there is definitely something bugging with publishing layouts in 2015. 

Message 7 of 7
william.dawson0526

I was having this same problem with a couple views that I was needing to export. 

It turned out that if i just double clicked the "scroller" on my mouse and it would refocus on where the camera is "supposedly" supposed to be.  However, upon further inspection I found some small lines that were not supposed to be there, deleted them and then the problem was solved. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost