AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Active Contributor
AutoCAD-AL
Message 1 of 12 (486 Views)

Sheet set manager Fields

486 Views, 11 Replies
12-12-2012 03:11 PM

I thought when a person uses a field named CREATEDATE it would be a creation date time stamp. When creating a new drawing by layout and you check the creation date by using the time command you get the correct date of creation. The Sheet set manager field called CREATEDATE is not consistant. If I save the drawing this field changes the date to the current date. So I ask is this a flaw or should the field be renamed to lastsaveddate?  Just asking because when I look for the Create Date I need the date I actually created the drawing not the last time I saved it. Just saying.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 12 (461 Views)

Re: Sheet set manager Fields

12-13-2012 05:46 AM in reply to: AutoCAD-AL

See quick test file attached, I could not repeat your issue.

Is R2013 fully patched and updated?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Active Contributor
AutoCAD-AL
Message 3 of 12 (437 Views)

12-17-2012 11:26 AM in reply to: AutoCAD-AL

I do have the latest version with all updates and still the same results. I use the create date field and then create a template . Sure it updates the creation date but change the calendar and exit out and when autocad asks if you would like to save the drawings say yes now the stamped time has changed. Type in time and sure enough the date it was created does not match the date given by time command.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 12 (417 Views)

12-18-2012 05:57 AM in reply to: AutoCAD-AL

change the calendar? Still no issues here with the Field/file I posted.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 5 of 12 (411 Views)

12-18-2012 06:30 AM in reply to: AutoCAD-AL

AutoCAD-AL wrote:

The Sheet set manager field called CREATEDATE is not consistant. If I save the drawing this field changes the date to the current date. So I ask is this a flaw or should the field be renamed to lastsaveddate? 

What is the "sheet set manager field CREATEDATE"?

There is no specific SSM field as far as I see. There is just a date field named CREATEDATE (the code of which is %<\AcVar CreateDate \f "MMMM d, yyyy">%)

For me, using Civil 3D 2013, when I create a field using CREATEDATE, it inserts what appears to be the creation date, and it does maintain that value through a save, close, and open sequence -- but strangly, the field date does not match the creation date returned by the TIME command.

date5.png

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 6 of 12 (410 Views)

12-18-2012 06:31 AM in reply to: pendean

pendean wrote:

See quick test file attached

When I open that DWG, I see the current date and time - but the TIME command reports this:

Created:                Thursday, December 13, 2012  7:28:55:741 AM

**Master
dmfrazier
Message 7 of 12 (401 Views)

12-18-2012 07:27 AM in reply to: AutoCAD-AL

"When creating a new drawing by layout..."

What does this mean?

I think the inconsistencies observed by the posters here are based on the method(s) used to create "new" drawings.  (Though I haven't worked out what the "rules" are yet.)

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 8 of 12 (390 Views)

12-18-2012 11:02 AM in reply to: dmfrazier

dmfrazier wrote:

"When creating a new drawing by layout..."

What does this mean?

I assumed that to mean creating a new drawing (sheet) from inside of SSM, since SSM was mentioned also.

**Master
dmfrazier
Message 9 of 12 (386 Views)

12-18-2012 11:09 AM in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks.

If so, in that scenario, what is actually happening "under the covers".  Is AutoCAD creating a new DWG file based on a template?  Is it adding a layout to an existing DWG?  Something else?

Active Contributor
AutoCAD-AL
Message 10 of 12 (341 Views)

12-24-2012 12:43 PM in reply to: AutoCAD-AL

I just built a new template with all the fields. I saved the drawing. Next I copy clipped the drawing into a sheet set up by the sheet set manager. I saved this sheet as a dwt. I open my sheets set manager and create a new sheet using the template I just created. Everything seems fine. I save the new drawing and the field updates to the current date . I use the time command and have a one on one match. Now this is where it gets interesting. Close autoCAD. Reset the date to next week. Open autocad, the sheet set manager, then the drawing that was just crated by the sheet set manager. Make updates or changes, now save the changes. At this point the Field with the date stamp "creatdate field"  changed to the current date. Use the time command and you will see the dates no longer match. I have repeated this 3 time 3 different machines and get the same results. Personally I think the date should not change if it's a createdate field.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.