AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

greegbasil
Message 1 of 2 (21,462 Views)

Setting default units

21462 Views, 1 Replies
07-21-2012 03:44 AM

I have just installed my autocad 2013 software. I've set the units to millimeters. But the workspace is still in inches. Even the dimentions are coming in inches. How to set the unit in millimeters? 

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (21,460 Views)

Re: Setting default units

07-21-2012 04:00 AM in reply to: greegbasil

Hi,

the workspace does only show what you have set in command _UNITS and sysvars MEASUREMENT and MEASUREINIT.

What you set in command _UNITS and the sysvars mentioned are stored in the drawing.

So every time you create a new drawing you should check that the template for this is based on your drawing.

To make your drawing to your default template first save your drawing (where you set everything to how you like it as default) to a file with extension DWT (in the file-save-dialog change the filetype to "Template Drawing (*.DWT)" ). Then you can start options, go to the first tab ("Files") and search within the template-settings for the item "...for QNEW" and overwrite this item with your new template filename.

After you did that every time you start AutoCAD your template gets loaded and you have the settings you like,

You may also find some other already existing templatefiles (e.g. ACADISO.DWT) that are already set to metric settings. Try to create a new drawing using command _NEW.

>>>here<<< are some infos about templates.

Good luck, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.