Did you mean: 

Set AutoCAD 2015 as default for opening a DWG by dbl clicking the file

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
chicodon
9176 Views, 5 Replies

Set AutoCAD 2015 as default for opening a DWG by dbl clicking the file

I'm stumped. I have multiple versions of AutoCAD on my machine. No matter what I do when I dbl click on a DWG file it opens in R2014. I want it to open in R2015.

So I "right clicked", chose "open with" / "choose default" and went to the R2015 folder and clicked ACAD.exe, it opened in R2011!

It then goes back to opening in R2014 the next time I dbl click.

There has to be a way around this. In the registry maybe?

Help!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
chicodon
in reply to: chicodon

SOLVED

I did an installation repair and tried choosing the default program again. This time it works!

Message 3 of 6
pendean
in reply to: chicodon

Until the next time you start 2011 or 2014... .

Fix it once and for all: ensure windows explorer is assigning ACLAUNCHER.EXE to the DWG extension then simply start your preferred AutoCAD version next time instead of reinstalling.
Message 4 of 6
chicodon
in reply to: pendean

I tried opening R2014 and closing. It still opens in R2015 with a dbl click. Same with right clicking and choosing open with R2011. It opened and I closed. Dbl click opens R2015. Somehow by "repairing" my R2015 installation it took care of the problem. 

I see what you are saying about AcLauncher.exe though. I'll take your advice.

Message 5 of 6
karissa.rasmussen

Can you explain how to do that step by step? I'm still confused.

Message 6 of 6
beritanama

Okay, how exactly do we download and install AClauncher in the explorer (from online or autodesk, if it's possible) if we do not have it in Autocad 2015? Or does this mean I need to have two Autocad versions (2012 and 2015) installed so that the Aclauncher can work for both versions? Or does Autocad 2015 have a different Aclauncher than Autocad 2012?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost