Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious problem with 3D model in AutoCad 2014 - parts disappeard

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
1654 Views, 17 Replies

Serious problem with 3D model in AutoCad 2014 - parts disappeard

Good evening,

today I encountered a very disturbing problem while using AutoCad 2014. I was preparing a complex 3d model and suddenly parts started to vanish on a certain zoom. It was very irritating but the biggest prolem is that after turning it off and on again, those parts are completely missing from the model (without saving). I found some bak files from yesterday and a day before, but there is the same issue, the same objects are missing. I'm thinking about what might have happened and nothing crosses my mind. Is there any solution to such problem? Have any of you ever encountered such issue?

The model is quite complex and I need to finish it in next few days, and it woulb be extremeley helpful if someone would come up with a solution how to fix this model. Thanks in advance!

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: 183474

Hello and welcome to the forums!

I was just wondering if you had tried a regen, possibly along with zooming back in. I was also wondering if you had tried undo. Others will want to know your system specs, including 32 or 64 bit, and graphics card.

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 18
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

I tried undoing as well as regen but there was no results. When I'm selecting parts, there are just empty spaces in places where parts should be but there is no rule or pattern about missing parts, they seem to be randomly missing. My spec is: i7 3770k, GeForce GTX 670, 16GB RAM DDR3, and Windows 8 64bit. I've already made complex 3d models on this machine and I've never seen anything like that before.

Message 4 of 18
Patchy

There are 2 or 3 users report that when after saved a drawing and open it, 3d are gone or moved far away from where they had drawn.

I think it's a bug.

Message 5 of 18
27thofnever

Windows 8, or 8.1?

Message 6 of 18
Patchy
in reply to: 27thofnever

3rd post, it said 8

Message 7 of 18
27thofnever
in reply to: Patchy

Just verifying.  Some users don't realize they are on 8.1.

Message 8 of 18
in reply to: 27thofnever

It's  regular windows 8. So there is nothing I can do? I've seen some issues quite similar to mine, however I was hoping that there is something I can do... If there's anything that comes to your mind, please let me know, as it's really important for me and I'd be very grateful for any help.

Message 9 of 18
Patchy
Message 10 of 18

I've tried turning solidhist into 0, as well as 3d clip, but nothing changes, it looks like it was deleted, but I haven't done that. I don't know if it's important, but after selecting what's left from my model, the program slows down a lot, I don't know why, as right now there isn't much left of the model. Hardware acceleration is of course turned on. Even before the parts were gone, the whole program started to work slowly, so I turned it off and on again and the parts from my model were gone.

Message 11 of 18
Patchy

Use CTRL+A and see if anything hiding.

Message 12 of 18

No, nothing, there is nothing more after selecting all.

Message 13 of 18
Patchy

There are 2 other posts around that had 3d objects disappeared, autodesk replied to 1 of them.

If you have time, search for it and see if that will help you preventing the problem.

Message 14 of 18
edwardtg

We have the same problem and went on line to see if anyone else has this serious problem of parts disappearing or moving out of position from a complex model.

We have only recently upgraded to 2015 and never had this problem in earlier releases.

We are working in AutoCad and creating and modifying 3D models of parts and assemblies.

Problems seem to arise as soon as a mod to a part is made, but it is not necessarily the part that has been modified that disappears or floats off the model, other parts do so and to no apparant specific location.

Our first port of call was our supplier, but they could not explain or provide a solution- other than try switching off the graphics accelerator and saying try that.

In order to escalate this up they required proof of movement, but this was hard to do as it is only apparant after a seemingly stable model is closed, only to show the problem when it is re-opened.

I would be pleased to know if this previous posting ever reached a resolution or explanation.

I would be even more pleased to receive specific answers on how to resolve this problem.

Here's hoping there is someone out there with an interest in helping solve this. Thank you.

Message 15 of 18
innmvd

Hi 183474,

We communicate with you because we have the same problem you reported at the time ....

I quote:

“…Good evening,

today I Encountered a very disturbing problem while using AutoCad 2014. I was preparing to model complex 3D parts And Suddenly started to vanish on A Certain zoom. It was very irritating but the biggest prolem Is That after turning it off and on again, Those parts are completely missing from the model (without saving). I found some bak files from yesterday and a day before, but there is the same issue, the same objects are missing. I'm thinking About What Might Have Happened and nothing crosses my mind. Is there any solution to Such problem? Have any of you ever Encountered Such issue?

The model is quite complex and I need to finish it in next few days, and it woulb be extremeley Helpful if someone would come up with a solution how to fix esta model. Thanks in advance!...”

We would like to ask about the solution which was finally found to solve problem. We know it's an unusual thing, so we would be very grateful if you could give us an answer.

Greetings,

Federico

Message 16 of 18
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: innmvd

If you can upload the file to your A360 drive and then provide url to download - I can see if I can recover the geometry.

Message 17 of 18
innmvd
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Hi TheCADWhisperer,

Here is the link of the file: http://a360.co/1KBdlp1

I really need to solve this problem, so any help will be very useful.

Thank you.

Greetings

Federico

Message 18 of 18
dunnamin
in reply to: innmvd

For me, when I used PLAN and then tried to rotate by holding Shift and MMB, the drawing would jump at the start.  I used UCS W to reset the UCS to World and it no longer appeared to jump.  But nothing has disappeared and the drawing looks the same as the previews on A360.

I am using AutoCAD 2016.  AUDIT showed no errors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost