Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section cuts from inventor

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
craigcwc86
499 Views, 3 Replies

Section cuts from inventor

I will begin by saying I am a fairly new user. I am trying to cut sections from an inventor model in AutoCAD. On numerous occasions I am running into an issue where the section cuts are not shown correctly. I have figured out how to correct this issue when cutting sections in inventor, but the issue is accruing in AutoCAD as well, is there any advice on what the issue could be? I have attached an image showing an example of what I am talking about, you can clearly see that there are bolts and plates that should be displayed in the section cut which is shown above. Thanks in advance for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgenerx
in reply to: craigcwc86

I am having the same issue as well using the "Base view from Inventor" in AutoCAD 2013. I have figured out that the problem is with cutting sections through content center parts (either as custom or standard). If i cut through the individual parts themselves the custom will cut correctly but the standard will not.

Now mix in different custom and/or standard parts into a assembly and again you have issues of all or some of the parts not sectioning correctly. No where In AutoCAD can i find a setting to adjust this and changing the settings in Inventor does nothing to the section views in AutoCAD.

Workaround: Take your assemby and make a derrived part from it. Bring the derrived part into AutoCAD and section it. No more issues..

Hope this helps..

Message 3 of 4
27thofnever
in reply to: dgenerx

Have you tried APPLICATION SETTINGS > DRAWING > SECTION STANDARD PARTS > OBEY BROWSER SETTINGS ? 

Message 4 of 4
craigcwc86
in reply to: 27thofnever

I have changed this setting in Inventor yet I still have the same issue with objects not showing up when I cut sections from inventor base views in Autocad.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost