Scalled Block with Linetype set ByBlock issue

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
cado
816 Views, 14 Replies

Scalled Block with Linetype set ByBlock issue

Hi all,...

Important Issu I think,...

All block containing Circle, Spline or Ellipse have Linetype Reset when they are scaled in a drawing who contain more that 1 ViewPort. (tested with CAD 2010 -­> 2014)

bugAutoCAD.png

any one else had or have this issue ?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
steve216586
in reply to: cado

Have you tried REGENALL to update the viewports?

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 15
cado
in reply to: steve216586

Hi Steve,..
thank you for your reply...
Yes,...I Regenall,...if you see my image,...you can see it.
It is the result of the Viewport.

for information..
I'm 28 years experience with AutoCAD and Lisp developper.. 🙂

I can say that it is a AutoCAD Bug..
you can try it.
Message 4 of 15
pendean

Can you share a DWG with the problem? I've never noticed it in 2010-2014 either.
Message 5 of 15
steve216586

I meant no disrespect. I usually recommend the simplest solution first, then work up from there.

This is what I found by experimenting a little further:

I made several non-annotative blocks using different units. e.g. Unitless, Inches, Millimeters, Feet.

I then made the same blocks only this time annotative.

I made several viewports with these scales in paperspace. 1:1, 1:12, 1:10, 1:50, 1:100, 1:48

After REGENALL these were my results: (top four different sized blocks are non-annotative in the order left to right: Unitless, Inches, Millimeters, Feet. bottom four equal sized blocks are annotative same units as above)

All the blocks which were non-annotative exhibited your results. All the blocks which were annotative previewed normal in every viewport. One difference was the annotative blocks were not big enough in the largers scales to show true linetype. i.e. the 1:48, 1:50 & 1:100

If I adjusted the linetypescale for the larger scales or made larger objects they showed fine.

Now this is where it gets interesting. I published my paperspace to create .pdf and convert to .png. All lines plotted as desired, in every block! Even though in the .dwg they exhibited your same characteristics which started this topic.

See attached results from screen shot of paperspace and actual published results.

Message 6 of 15
cado
in reply to: pendean

It is in any drawing... you can create new one, with new Blocks set linetype by block, then, Insert ans scla the block...then,,,create a simple viewport and adjust your settings to see the Linetype effect correctly...

Once done,..create a new ViewPort beside the first one....and REGENALL. you will see the chage of the first ViewPort.

but, for quicker step....attached a drawing made from acad.dwt...

in this drawing...a simple block made Linetype by block containing circle..

you will see only 1 viewport.

Now,...open this drawing and create a new viewport beside the one on this drawing...

and regenALL...

you will see the circle entity turn into continuous linetype.

this affect also splines and ellipses.

(DWG = saved in 2010 format.)

Message 7 of 15
cado

Thank you Steve,...

please do not you worry, I did not taken as a lack of respect .....even better, I appreciate your feedback 🙂

you'r right, I never mentionned about the printing is correct...the bug result only in the screen view..
thank you for your tests. 🙂

Message 8 of 15
steve216586

I think this behavior is in all drawings. It is a bug, as you first indicated. I really believe as long as the user's plotted results are correct, teh developers at ADesk will not lose sleep. They will simply resign it to the "known issue" pile. Something to fix and then rave about as a "new" feature in 2016. 🙂

I'm glad I could help verify your findings. My version is 2012 so it has been ongoing.

Message 9 of 15
cado

ok,...maybe it is not the place to talk about this...
but I've just noted that this bugs is not present in BricsCAD and ZwCAD...:P

(was just testing...)

thanks again for all your feedback,...I've put this issue on AutoDesk's hands.
Message 10 of 15
pendean

Like I said, can't replicate here (and your file contained a custom linetype, you see good old DASHED and DASHED2 here):

Capture.PNG

Message 11 of 15
cado
in reply to: pendean

hhmmm !!..??

Noted that you have LT

?
Message 12 of 15
pendean

its all have on my tablet this morning, I'll try later on the desktop back in the office if I remember with AutoCAD and ACA.
Message 13 of 15
sthompson1021

Hi, following your steps I was able to get your results, but if I clicked into model space in the viewport and did a REGEN, the linetype showed correctly. I had to do that for both viewports. I do have a lower end video card so maybe that is the problem?

Message 14 of 15
cado
in reply to: sthompson1021

Hello Mr./Mss. Thompson.. 🙂

thank you for taking time to test and confirm this issue..
we are like 600 drafter here...with diffrent machine and video card & drivers.. I've tested on many diffrent machine...but with same result..

I don'T think it is the video card,...beacause it work on LT and some other CAD clones..

Maybe I'm wrong...but is that make sense ?
Message 15 of 15
pendean

I remoted in and tested your file, Full AutoCAD 2012 and 2014, no issues. Screenshots attached.

I'm not sure what else to try to replicate your issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost