Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale List Metric vs. Imperial

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
dwk1204
2238 Views, 8 Replies

Scale List Metric vs. Imperial

When in a drawing how do you switch between Imperial and Metric. It seems like it would be such a simple process? When I try to go to Options > User Preferences > Scale List Edit and change it, I then hit apply get back into ioptions and it is switched back to Imperial ? I am basically trying to get this scale list format 1:10, 1:20, etc. instead of 1/4"=1'0", 1/2"=1'-0", etc.

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Patchy
in reply to: dwk1204

Reset, it will display 3 choices.

Message 3 of 9
dwk1204
in reply to: Patchy

Thanks for response Patchy...I tried that earlier, I thought that was how you do it, but I am not getting anything after hitting reset?

Message 4 of 9
Patchy

If you use -dwgunits and pick metric unit, then reset the annotation scales, will it work?

Message 5 of 9
dwk1204

No, I pick a metric unit then when I go into the Default Scale List it is set to metric. I hit reset, but nothing happens and my scale list is still imperial.

Message 6 of 9
Patchy

Attach it and let's see.

Message 7 of 9
dwk1204

Attached....Thanks

Message 8 of 9
Patchy

I opened it, use reset to metric, saved it, reopened and it stays the same.

Repair your autocad or if your autocad can be reset by going to start, all program, find your autocad in there and hit RESET.

Message 9 of 9
dwk1204

Ran a repair and it did not help, unfortunately I will need to get my IT department involved with a possible re-install. Thanks for all the help Patchy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost