Did you mean: 

Save Project to the cloud

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JohnHolding
268 Views, 2 Replies

Save Project to the cloud

Hi All

I know the answer to this will be blindingly simple but as for now I can not get this to work.

I want to be able to work on a project on the office desktop computer which has  autocad architecture 2014 installed and save it to the cloud. Then when I am on site  I want to be able to continue working on the same  project from my lap top which has autocad architeture 2013 installed.

Then again save it to the cloud so that when I get back to the office, I can continue to work on the same project  which has all the changes that I have made from my laptop while on site, with my desk top.

Up to now I can not get this simple thing to work?

Can some one help please all I want is to be able to work on the lastest updated version from two computers.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: JohnHolding

Did you install Autodesk360 as part of your AutoCAD setup on both machines?
Did you setup an account at autodesk360.com?
Are both AutoCAD sessions logged into autodesk360?
All three are required to get started and all of it is explained in AutoCAD's Help.
Message 3 of 3
JohnHolding
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for getting back to me

the answer to all the questions is yes.

The system must be working to some extent as the settings on both computers have sync'd

but the changes made to the project do not, if  I add a new construct or new catagory the changes do not sync.

If I make changes to the drawing and then save the drawing and there by up load it, when I open the drawing on th eother computer the  the changes are not there.

I am sure that the problem is user error

Can you help me

I think that I need to some how put the complete project on the cloud and not just save drawings and sheet files

I would like to simplify the process and just create a project on one computer, save that project to the computer and the cloud, and then be available to open that project on a second computer make changes and additions and save the project to the second computer and of course update the version in the cloud.

And ultimately when I open that project in the first computer then the files automatically update to the latest version that was stored on the cloud with all changes and additions

If this was possible It would make may work so much easier and I could have confidence that the version I am currently working on has all the latest changes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost