Did you mean: 

SUPERHATCH freezes AutoCAD

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
ajbenner
2850 Views, 8 Replies

SUPERHATCH freezes AutoCAD

As soon as I hit the icon for SUPERHATCH, AutoCAD freezes.  It says "Initializing" but nothing will work and when I go to my Task Manager it shows that AutoCAD is not responding.  Does anyone know why this would happen?  We use AutoCAD 2015 and my system operates on Windows 7 Professional.

Thank you!

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: ajbenner

Works fine here, but I did not migrate from an older version and I installed ET from the 2015 installer: you?

ScreenShot001.png

Message 3 of 9
ajbenner
in reply to: pendean

We have an IT person who recently upgraded us from 2006 and performed all of the installations, so I'm not entirely sure. It isn't working for anyone in the office, so it may have to do with the way it was installed.  If it is, I'll just need to let our IT person know, but I'd hate to have him come in and realize there was an easy fix.

Thank you for responding!

Message 4 of 9
pendean
in reply to: ajbenner

You can easily reset 2015 if needed first, see if that helps: know how to do that? http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...
Message 5 of 9
ajbenner

That took care of it! Thank you for also including the link for how to reset.  I am not all that tech savvy. I know how to use the programs, but not how to troubleshoot them.

Thanks so much!

Message 6 of 9
hqybuy

Hi, i have the same problem with autocad. İ try to use superhatch and it says  "Initializing... too many arguments" and autocad stops working.

i tried your way(reseting) for solutions but it didn't work. i think, it  happens because of a file , named as acad.fas. it is always created when i open autocad. do you know a way to remove acad.fas file permenantly.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 9
christina.seidl

Hello Pendean,

I use AutoCad 2015 on a Windows 7 system and have recently discovered that SUPERHATCH stopped working. I do not use the command often, so I am not sure when this happened.

When I start up the command, AutoCad freezes and doesn't respond until I terminate the task in the task manager. This happens with complex drawings and completely empty drawings as well.

I have tried resetting, as you described in your solution, but unfortunately it did not help. I also tried removing Express Tools and reinstalling, to no avail.

The dialog box that pops up, is missing the image option at the top.

Hoping you can help!

Thank you!

Christina

superhatch freeze.PNG

Message 8 of 9

This seems to be a chronic problem following numerous versions of AutoCAD...

I JUST installed Civil 3D 2019 three days ago and the Superhatch "functionality" locks up 2019 just after command initialization.  Resetting the program to make this command work is out of the question, as it takes time to customize and I just got things set up.  This functionality seems to be problematic right out of the box.

I just opened Civil 3D 2016 and 2017 programs and tried the Superhatch functionality and it locks up the programs as well- just after initialization.  It just seems like it doesn't work, so why don't they just remove the "functionality?"

Message 9 of 9
kagum93
in reply to: jeffinitely

I discovered that in Autocad 2016, the function freeze occurs when an unintentional profile is active. In the default profile it works fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost