Did you mean: 

SSM fields being updated from the wrong sheet set when plotting

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
erik
1153 Views, 3 Replies

SSM fields being updated from the wrong sheet set when plotting

Our cover sheets and title block grab information such as project name and description from the sheet set manager.  They are updated correctly on the screen, but when I go to plot the sheets seem to gather the information from the wrong sheet set, in this case our template sheet set.  I can't figure out how to get it to pull from the correct sheet set.  This seems to be a problem with 2014 and not from previous versions because it started to happen around the same time.  It might be unrelated to the version though.  I am not certain about that.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
doni49
in reply to: erik

@Anonymous wrote:

Our cover sheets and title block grab information such as project name and description from the sheet set manager.  They are updated correctly on the screen, but when I go to plot the sheets seem to gather the information from the wrong sheet set, in this case our template sheet set.  I can't figure out how to get it to pull from the correct sheet set.  This seems to be a problem with 2014 and not from previous versions because it started to happen around the same time.  It might be unrelated to the version though.  I am not certain about that.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

How are you opening/plotting these files? 

1. Are you using the "publish" options within SSM? 
  2. Double clicking the sheets in SSM? 
  3. Or browsing to the file(s) manually and plotting?

If you're doing 1 or 2, then it sounds like you're opening the "template SSM file" and plotting/publishing.  And you have another SSM file that correctly points at the new dwg file(s).

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 4
erik
in reply to: doni49

Hi Don,

I typically plot from the sheet set manager and from the correct sheet set, either from right clicking on the sheet or on the top level group and choose publish.  If I go to file/plot and plot that way I get the same problematic results.  I can't find a work around at the moment.

Erik

Message 4 of 4
erik
in reply to: erik

I found the problem.  Our template had recently been changed to have the titleblocks xrefed as ATTACHED.  Changing the titleblock xref to OVERLAY was the solution.

The reason this worked is that when they were inserted as attached xrefs, the drawing with the plotted sheet drawings loaded the titleblock through one of the nested xrefs that was not associated with the sheetset. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost