Did you mean: 

SP1 for Autocad 2015

31 REPLIES 31
SOLVED
Message 1 of 32
cpadilla
905 Views, 31 Replies

SP1 for Autocad 2015

Has anybody installed SP1 for Autocad 2015 yet? I got a notification this morning and it shows that it was released on 6/4/14, but I don't see anybody commenting about it

31 REPLIES 31
Message 21 of 32
dgorsman
in reply to: darawork

Kind of difficult here.  Our users deal with a number of different task-driven applications and drawing types.  Basic commands get aliased but there are quite a few other commands involving data-driven objects, not lines and circles, which don't get used enough for memorizing a keyboard input.

As a support guy for multiple disciplines its even worse for me - I can't even standardize on personal PGP settings, since different users have their own set-ups.

And its been a loooong time since I've had "gamers claw".  Maybe the half-dozen squeezy balls on my desk have something to do with it 😄

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 22 of 32
dgorsman
in reply to: nrz13

Should be able to map that into a multi-button mouse without too much difficulty.  Most of them come with at least an extra thumb-button these days.

Message 23 of 32
dgorsman
in reply to: Ron-C

It only matters what you paid if you had a contract which spelled out what they had to deliver and they don't.  But thats not how it works.  They provide something they hope will be popular enough to pay the bills, set a price on it, and its up to the consumer to decide if those features and limitations are worth the price.

Message 24 of 32
Jason.Piercey
in reply to: dgorsman

@dgorsman wrote:

They provide something they hope will be popular enough to pay the bills, set a price on it, and its up to the consumer to decide if those features and limitations are worth the price.

While that is true conceptially, many subscription contracts are due prior to companies being able to evaluate those features.  So being able to decide if those features and limitations are worth the price, prior to paying the bill, is not reality.

Message 25 of 32
Ron-C
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

Jason wrote:  

While that is true conceptially, many subscription contracts are due prior to companies being able to evaluate those features.  So being able to decide if those features and limitations are worth the price, prior to paying the bill, is not reality.

Nicely stated !

Ron

Message 26 of 32
drjohn

@Jason.Piercey wrote:

@dgorsman wrote:

+2

Message 27 of 32
durentech

With this release I'm throwing in the towel! No horizontal scroll bar...a stable in how I manipulate numerous models space images into paper space viewports. The ribbon being forced on us...sounds like your workspace is much like mine, why click on 3 things when you only need to click on one. These things Autodesk decides for us, their customers for 20 years...no warning or clues about what changes will be in the next version and with no way of knowing till you crack the puppy open. But when your subscription renews in September how can you make an informed decision...how do you know the next version, like 2015, will be the one that finally is the last straw!

I've had issues with autodesk since 2010 when I opted to give AutoCAD Revit Structure suite a try. In 2010 you got a separate disc for each program and AutoCAD was actually that...not linked to the suite. I soon discovered i had little use for Revit Structure but kept renewing the subscription until they discontinued that suite and planned to only offer Revit Structure to lecense holders...no AutoCAD! It took an act of congress and behind the scenes contacts but I finally got Autodesk to give me a Stand alone license of AutoCAD 2013...but it took 6 months of bitching on sites like this.

Autodesk...if your listening, you've lost a customer of 20 years. Get off your smartphones and pay attention to what your customers WANT...not what you think we should want.

Message 28 of 32
cpadilla

+1

Message 29 of 32

lol, I still type in commands...

I finally gave up my toolbars because I was the only one who customized, and it's easier to support my users by keeping my ui ootb. I was using some ribbon buttons for a bit, but, the command autofill has cured my memory lapses so I don't need to anymore. 😉

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 30 of 32

😉 Speak for yourself there, Dean.

Okay, I started on R10, so, maybe I AM old.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 31 of 32

Hello

This video (from Nestly) is nice : how to retrieve the Classic Interface & Toolbars ... 

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 32 of 32
Dave_S

@Jason.Piercey wrote:

@dgorsman wrote:

I guess it depends what time of the year your subscription is due. In our case we receive the new version in March and don't have to pay until the end of July. This gives us about 3 1/2 months to evaluate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost