Did you mean: 

SP1 for Autocad 2015

31 REPLIES 31
SOLVED
Message 1 of 32
Anonymous
935 Views, 31 Replies

SP1 for Autocad 2015

Has anybody installed SP1 for Autocad 2015 yet? I got a notification this morning and it shows that it was released on 6/4/14, but I don't see anybody commenting about it

31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32
braudpat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello from France 

I estimate that maybe 20-50 ACAD (or ACAD LT) 2015 French Users have installed it without problem !

So go on ... because a lot of International Users have installed it ALSO !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
in reply to: braudpat

OK, thanks, I will install it, at least we can get rid of those pesky little badges, I never like them

Message 4 of 32
Ron-C
in reply to: Anonymous

Another autodesk disappointment SP1

It did not correct my biggest concern ! :

Using "Block Editor" make changes to a block, save changes

The Menu Bar Remains on screen ! (Un Selectable !)

It does this on ALL my installs, desktops, laptops,, on board graphics, dedicated AMD firepro 3900

(With the latest and greatest driver)

Yes I know I can "Restore Down" - "Restore Up" and it goes away.

Just very frustrating........Still using AutoCad 2014 !

Ron

Message 5 of 32
Ron-C
in reply to: Ron-C

Forgot to mention >>>>>> Yes I still use the "Classic toolbars "

Nope not going to change until I have no choice ! ( I retire in 4 years !)

Autocad user since DOS ver 9

Ron

Message 6 of 32
pendean

SP1 has specific items it addressed, did you read the "readme" file and was your issue(s) in there?

Report this bug (ongoing or new) to Autodesk, posting here is not the best solution:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
If you are a subscription user, you should report it through the Subscription Center as well (as in do it twice).

PS: Classic is dead if you are waiting for Autodesk to provide it. Many experienced users have blogged about putting it back all over the internet, try a search through Google if you need to learn how.

Message 7 of 32
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes, I read the "readme" file, the only issue I had were the Badges, it cured that, now I can turn them off, I had alteady recreated the "Classic" workspace, didn't have have any problem with that, I still use all my toolbars.

Message 8 of 32
Jason.Piercey

@Ron-C wrote:

Another autodesk disappointment SP1

It did not correct my biggest concern ! :

Using "Block Editor" make changes to a block, save changes

The Menu Bar Remains on screen ! (Un Selectable !)

It does this on ALL my installs, desktops, laptops,, on board graphics, dedicated AMD firepro 3900

(With the latest and greatest driver)

Yes I know I can "Restore Down" - "Restore Up" and it goes away.

Just very frustrating........Still using AutoCad 2014 !

Ron

I get that as well.  Very annoying.  You can also swtich drawing tabs to refresh the screen.

Message 9 of 32
Ron-C

Yes Dean, it was reported through the subscription very early after 2015 came out by me.

Tool bars dead ????? Sure seems like lot of users here still use them !

I've tried several attempts at using the Ribbon even with a few tool bars included.

My Conclusions:

Way to many clicks to get to my tools and commands

Takes up much needed drafting space (Even at 1920x1200 24" Monitor)

I have 150 items in my tool bars (Custom Tools Bars by me) I know where every single one is located

around my display. Only 1 click away for every command I ever use !

I have 1 long tool bar at the top and 2 tools bars on each side. Takes up very little room on the left and right sides.

Where as the Ribbon takes up valuable space at the top.

I would think a display problem like this (Block Editor menu remains after closing) would be  a simple fix.

So if Autodesk continues as in the past >>>  SP1 will be all we see for 2015

I've used every version of Autocad from DOS -10 thru 2015

I have NEVER had problems with any version (Even Winows ver.13) Belive-it-or Not !

But 2015 has been the buggiest version I've ever installed and used.

My 2 Cents worth

Gotta get back to work !!!  On 2014 !!!

Message 10 of 32
dgorsman

The removal of the Classic workspace, and toolbars, are two separate things.  I might point out that not everyone is the same e.g. I'm faster with the Ribbon than toolbars.  I also find it easier to create easily discernable content for the Ribbon.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 11 of 32
braudpat

Hello from France

ACAD 2015 is not (for the moment) "free bug" but maybe with a few SP 1 Post-Patches or with SP 2 , il will be a "correct/good" version !

For me it's NOT AT ALL a "catastrophic" version !!

ACAD R13 (DOS386/Windows) was the buggiest version ever released by Autodesk : R13c1 / c2 / c3 / c4 / c4a during almost 2 years (1995-1997)

before the excellent R14 or even better R14.01 !

I have played with ALL ACAD Releases since R1.4 in 1984 ... 

Playing on DOS, Win 3.1, Windows 9x, etc ... on Mac (with R10/11/12) ... on many Unix Workstations from R2.5/2.6 - R13 ...

So please be patient and of course you can go on with 2014 ... Where is the problem ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 12 of 32
Ron-C
in reply to: braudpat

Another one they missed that was reported !!!!!!!

No Horizontal scroll bar  !  Still not there !

AHRG ! #$%&!  ôô

Ron

Message 13 of 32
darawork
in reply to: dgorsman

Toolbars and ribbons scare me. Am I the only person who still types in every command? My left hand is noticably bigger than my right, it's almost crab-like.

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 14 of 32
pendean

Report it again: I suspect Autodesk thinks SP1 cured most issues. Keep at it.
I gave up toolbars back in R2008, never looked back. I started with AutoCAD DOS too, so spare me the "old man knows best" speach, we are ALL old men answering questions here 🙂

Classic workspace died in all the verticals a long time ago, it's just now gone in plain AutoCAD. It's a reality. And I'm the first to point out that if you find AutoCAD 2014 or R14 work best for your needs then you should stick to it and be most productive. You have to pay your bills, no one else can do it for you. Enjoy it, you're not making a mistake IMHO by doing so.
Message 15 of 32
w64bit

To issue a Service Pack for a single variable is hilarious for a company with market capitalization of $12.31 billion.

When Autodek will worth $13 billion, it will celebrate by releasing a Service Pack for a typo. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 32
nrz13

Ron:

You're likely to be waiting a while because here's Autodesk's "solution":
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD...

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 17 of 32
nrz13
in reply to: darawork

Darawork:

I still use keyboard shortcuts almost exclusively.  I have a nice, clean screen and I don't have to learn new interfaces.  My screen is so clean, in fact, that activating CLEANSCREEN takes up more screen real estate.

However, I do invest a little bit of time when a new release comes out to learn the new commands and update my .pgp/.lsp files with new shortcuts for the new commands.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 18 of 32
Ron-C
in reply to: nrz13

nrz13

You are proably correct on waiting for a fix.

Unfortunatly for me, I use  MBUTTONPAN = 0   So I can bring up the object snap menu.

In doing so, I've lost the ability to scroll with the wheel.

Maybe I can retrain myself and set my o-snaps the way I need for each type of drawing I do.

Message 19 of 32
nrz13

You probably already know this, but just in case, the shortcut to bring up the OSNAP menu is Shift+Right-Click.

Message 20 of 32
Ron-C

Dean, I understand your point of view.

But lets be realistic. If Autocad gives you the option of migrating all your files from the previous version,(This has ALWAYS worked for me with no problems) And it allows me to USE toolbars, then they should make the software behave as previously designed.

My company pays for 20 seats of stand alone licenses on subscription. So we can be "Up-To-date" with the software.

Stay with 2014 sure that's an option.............So we paid $10,000 dollars a year for nothing ? So we pay another $10,000 for

Autocad 2016 ! and OOPS still unusable for us ..........Stay with 2014 ?????? REALLY ?

If subscription users start seeing things in this way...........why pay EVERY year !

AllI can do is HOPE  they send out some "Fixes" for the issues not addressed in SP1.

Thanks everyone !

Yes I do admire and thank all the users on here (Has greatly helped me over the years !)

Ron

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost