Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right Click on a Hatch > Generate Boundary?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mdhutchinson
655 Views, 5 Replies

Right Click on a Hatch > Generate Boundary?

When you right click on a hatch pattern...

Is there a way to Generate only the perimiter boundary, without the 'islands'?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jggerth1
in reply to: mdhutchinson

I don't believe there is.  The only thought I have is to delete the island boundaries after they are created.

Message 3 of 6
gguevarra

Could you simply control the extent of the hatch or the "islands" during the initial placement of the hatch? When you expand the Hatch dialog box, that you have some options for how the islands are treated.

Message 4 of 6
mdhutchinson
in reply to: gguevarra

Yes... you could. 

In this case the hatch(s) was predilivered to us in the Reflected Ceiling Plan from the Architect... I was hopping to generate closed plines around each, but without the innerloops.

I did find a lisp that will do this.. but it's not fool proof... it doesn't work in every case.

Message 5 of 6
gguevarra

I believe if you right click on the hatch and click on the "Hatch Edit" option, the Hatch dialog box will reappear and you can revise the Islands settings to some extent. Depending on how complicated the hatch area is, you might be able to use this to adjust the hatch to be what you want.

Message 6 of 6
doni49

I'm using 2012 here but I doubt if 2014 is much different in this respect.

Attached is the test dwg I started out with.  First I created a hatch with "islands".  Then I deleted all the polylines that were used as boundaries so that it is now just a hatch object. 

1. Select the hatch object.
  2. Type in HATCHEDIT.
  3. Click on Re-create boundary.

HatchCreateBoundary.png

Follow the prompts and it will create polylines of your boundaries (yes it will include the islands).  Delete the islands.

If there are so many islands that you don't want to deal with having to delete them all, then copy paste your hatch object into a new dwg.  Re-create your boundary there and then copy/paste only the outer boundary back to your desired dwg.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost