Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render vs Render Region (and other render-related issues.)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CFosterLtg
635 Views, 1 Reply

Render vs Render Region (and other render-related issues.)

Back in the R2000 days, I quite literally made a career out of AutoCAD and AccuRender, and using those together was like second nature to me.  But that was a long time ago...  Skip ahead to today:  AutoCAD 2013, no AccuRender.  My boss asks me to render a few items, and I figured that shouldn't be too much of a problem.  But it's been a long time, and I'm running into all kinds of roadblocks.  But here's a big one:

"Render" and "Render Region" seem to be two very different things.  I want to render out to a file, so I specified a location in the Render ribbon using the little save/teapot icon.  However, the item I am rendering is quite vertical and my display is widescreen horizontal.  Using the "Render" command will save to a file, but it insists on rendering everything visible on the screen.  "Render Region" allows me to select a smaller area to render, but I cannot get it to save out to a file.  I know that SAVEIMG will output the results to a file, but those results are limited strictly to the physical resolution of my display.  I want to be able to save at the much higher resolutions that are possible by saving directly to a file.

Question #1:  Is it possible to render directly to a file using "Render Region"?  If so, how?

Question #2:  If I must use "Render" to save directly to a file, how can I select a smaller area to render?  This is my first day touching AutoCAD rendering in about 10 years, so I am sure there are a lot of details that are eluding me.  Specifying a smaller area to render must be possible, but I can't figure out how.  Thoughts?

Thanks for any help - it is shocking how much of this has changed, or that I've simply forgotten.

- CF.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

>> I want to be able to save at the much higher resolutions that are possible by saving directly to a file

Start command _RPREF ... there you can set the resolution for rendering.

>> Is it possible to render directly to a file using "Render Region"? 

>> [...]how can I select a smaller area to render?

No, you can't render "Region" directly to file. But you can create a layout with a viewport, make that viewport more landscape or more portrait and render that, but at least: the aspect ratio of the resultion (see above) is the number that defines more wide or more height.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost