Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover Profile/settings from drive backup (no AutoCAD export)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
601 Views, 5 Replies

Recover Profile/settings from drive backup (no AutoCAD export)

We had soem issues with a user's Windows 7 x64 account and had to delete her Windows C:\User\ folder and re-create it. We did make a simple copy backup of the C:\Users folder.

We did not do an Export of her AutoCAD 2014 profile but do have the entire folder structure and files from her old C:\Users\.

I hoped that by simply copying the files onto the new account her settings would also migrate..but no dice.

How can I, by having all of the files, get her AutoCAD profile/settings to replicate?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

In most cases, when "settings" are referred to its how the program looks.  Unless there are other settings you are referring to?

Profile is only part of the equation.  That stores some system variables as well as search paths.  The other part of the equation is the Main and Enterprise CUIx files (dictated by the appropriate search paths in the profile).  That will determine which Workspace(s) is/are available, which determines the toolbars, menus, Ribbon tabs/panels, and other UI elements are shown

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Thank you.

I think I have most of that taken care of now.

The user no longer is seeing her Command Aliases. Is that is a specific file that i may be able to copy over?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Would that be the acad.pgp file?
Do you think a simple copy/paste work?
Message 5 of 6
dgorsman

Yes, it is; and yes, it should.  AutoCAD will use the first PGP file it finds in the search path, so I'd ensure the folders are pointing where you think they are before copying the file.  It could be finding another version in a higher-ranked search folder, in which case copying won't help you.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

That was it! Thank you very much, dgorsman!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost