7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
CADEngr2014
1010 Views, 7 Replies

RIGHT-CLICK COMMAND

Hello,

I am using AutoCAD 2014.

AtTempting to create a right click command.  The steps inside CUI are as follows:  new command->complete macro->create new shortcut menu->drag new command into shortcut menu->set property aliases for new shortcut menu.  However, do not see the menu when I right click on the object.  In my case I am doing a simple line to polyline conversion for my first one.  What are the likely reasons for the menu to not appear when I select the LINE object and right click?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: CADEngr2014

which shortcut menu did you drop your new command in, and which sub-catgory? There are dozens... .
Message 3 of 8
dmfrazier

"->create new shortcut menu->...->set property aliases for new shortcut menu."

It would be extremely helpful if you could post images of these two steps (Properties pane of CUI).

Also, which CUI did you modify?

Message 4 of 8
CADEngr2014
in reply to: dmfrazier

Ok, attached are the images you requested.  The CUI I edited was the "MAINUSERCUI".  Our company is standardized on the enterprise one (read only), the "MAINUSERCUI" is availabel for my customization.  Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 8
dmfrazier

"Our company is standardized on the enterprise one (read only), the "MAINUSERCUI" is availabel for my customization.  Hope this helps."

Yes, it does help.

I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think when it comes to Shortcut menus, if there is a Shortcut menu defined in the Enterprise CUI (and you have stated that you have this sort of setup), then the shortcut menu defined in your Main ("customizable") CUI is ignored.  Apparently there can be only one Shortcut menu, which makes a certain amount of sense.  This is certainly how it works for me (I duplicated your "Test", with the same results), and I have not (yet) come across anything to either confirm or refute my personal observation (aside from fielding similar questions to yours in the past).

Message 6 of 8
pendean

Correct, only on CUI file can contain the right-click menu a user can access: Enterprise CUI, when used, governs.

Time to ask the CAD Manager for permission to add it there perhaps.
Message 7 of 8
CADEngr2014

Does the enterprise CUI also override the mainusercui for "double click actions" and mouse "buttons"?

Message 8 of 8
dmfrazier

I think you're good with Double-click actions (Main seems to prevail).

Don't know about Mouse buttons.  (Nothing a little experimenting can't clear up.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost