REMOVEING PORXY`

Has anyone used the commands

-export to AutoCAD

AecToAcad

can anyone explain when i change the setting in the

Options-

Open and Save-

ObjectARX Applictions

-Demand load Object ARXapp

-Disable load on demand

some of the normanal commands can not be used when this is set in this matter even the two commands on the first part of this question. Can anyone help me out and explain this.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Some of the AutoCAD tools are demand loaded.  In otherwords, they aren't loaded until the user calls the associated command function.  The flag to disable demand-loading affects all ObjectARX, not just third-party object enablers.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 7
pendean

May not apply here but if you just want to remove Proxy Object "triggers" for other users, grab a freeware from the AutoAD Exchange Apps site called ZOMBIE KILLER, works well so far.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Maybe this will help

With "Disable Load on Demand" selected autocad fines all proxy and show a proxy box. (found proxy are Bentley Sys)

Once "Object Detect and Command Invoke" is selected all proxy ae discoverd and are shown

With the "Disable.....Demand" selected some commands (noraml ones and speacail commands(AecToAcad)) are being shown as unknown to AutoCAD

Understand what the commands are

Disable Load on Demand:

this command seem to trun off any enabler and finds any proxies

Object Detect and Command Invoke:

This command seem to have the enabler working and show object in true state

AecToAcad:

Turns AEC objects exploded into basic AutoCAD

q1) With Diabel.... command selected why are some commands unkown to autocad?

q2) Does one of the sysver (Demandload) set at 3 have anything to do with all of this?

Hope this explains the issue better.

Message 5 of 7
acadhelp1

q1) With Diabel.... command selected why are some commands unkown to autocad?

Some commands are only loaded when they are asked for.  This is demand loading.  If the ARX for the command is not loaded, AutoCAD listens for the request for the command and loads it ONLY when you type the command.  If demand loading is turned off, then AutoCAD does not listen for those unloaded commands/ARX.  Then the commands are returned as unknown, because the ARX for them is not loaded.

If you want o turn off demand loading you will need to manually load the ARXs.

q2) Does one of the sysver (Demandload) set at 3 have anything to do with all of this?

Here are the values for DEMANDLOAD sysvar:

0 Turns off demand-loading.

1 Demand-loads the source application when you open a drawing that contains custom objects. This setting does not demand-load the application when you invoke one of the application's commands.

2 Demand-loads the source application when you invoke one of the application's commands. This setting does not demand-load the application when you open a drawing that contains custom objects.

3 Demand-loads the source application when you open a drawing that contains custom objects or when you invoke one of the application's commands

Short answer no.  With DEMANDLOAD set to 3, the object or command name will cause the ARX to load.

But I'm still not clear on what you want to happen.

If you don't want to see the proxy dialog, set PROXYNOTICE to 0.

-Jon

Jon Page

AutoCAD Design Manager
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: acadhelp1

Jon,

There are several things I need to happen,

1, need to fine which drawings have proxies

2, I need to try and covert them to AutoCAD objects

3. if i can not convert them I then need to redraw them, the problem here there are no dimensions.

With that issue I would like to convert as many drawing as i can by using AecToAcad it was working until this one file.

Message 7 of 7
acadhelp1

The best way to handle the AutoCAD Architecture proxies is using DWG Convert from AutoCAD Architecture.  It includes filetype options that allow batch use of the Export to AutoCAD function, see the clip from the Modify Conversion Setup dialog below.

ACA_DWG_Convert.png

Unfortunately it does not detect the drawings with custom objects.  You would need to do the whole project.  Oh and you have to have AutoCAD Architecture too.  And it would potentially only work for AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD MEP objects.  It might work for Civil object if the OE is installed.

Jon

Jon Page

AutoCAD Design Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost