Did you mean: 

R2014 HPASSOC Gone Bonkers

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
scot-65
358 Views, 3 Replies

R2014 HPASSOC Gone Bonkers

There is one R2014 workstation (out of 5) where HPASSOC is misbehaving.

HPASSOC = 1

- After the BHATCH object is created, and properties are applied to the hatch (layer, color, etc.),

the surrounding objects have their properties adjusted as well.

- Moving only the hatch should result in hatch associativity being removed, however for this one

workstation the objects surrounding the hatch is also moved, as if permanently bound to the hatch.

I have verified HPBOUND is set to 1.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, and if so, how did you resolve this?

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pothied
in reply to: scot-65

I would suggest doing a Reset to Default and/or a Repair on the installation to see if that will fix this issue.

To do a repair, close AutoCAD, open the control panel -> select Uninstall a Program -> select AutoCAD 201x ->  select Uninstall/Change -> select Repair or Reinstall and select Repair. Restart AutoCAD and test.

To Reset to default, close AutoCAD, go to the Start menu -> All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 201x > Reset Settings to Default. After doing this restart AutoCAD and test to see if your problem is resolved.

David Pothier

Message 3 of 4
scot-65
in reply to: pothied

I'll have to get back to you on this. The software is installed on a virtual machine where there are at least 5 workstations that are tied into it. It is this one workstation that is behaving in this manner. The virtual machine is w8 while all the tied in workstations are running w7. I would suspect his third party tools that are doing this, but his tools are hand-migrated from earlier releases where there was no issue, and his tools are simple compared to my programming abilities. It was not my idea to set up this virtual environment.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 4 of 4
scot-65
in reply to: pothied

Noting another side effect:

When mirroring an existing hatch (created by others) that is associatively bound to it's surrounding objects, the hatch disappears. POOF... GONE!

We reset the profile, reloaded all the customizations, and all is working fine (so far).

Scot-65

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost