AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Active Contributor
01rs25subaru
Message 1 of 4 (249 Views)

Question about Radial dimensions

249 Views, 3 Replies
10-12-2012 01:52 PM

I have a question about Radial dimensions... I am trying to add a piece of text (TYP.) to a Radial Dimension... When I add the text; it makes the text and dim line move further from the arrowhead (see image)

I want to be able to move the text on the dimension closer to the arrowhead without actually exploding it... my current solution is to separate the text (TYP.) from the dimension (see image)

Is there a variable or setting to shorten the length of the dim line on the dimension? I have searched all over the place and was unable to find anything...

any help with this would be greatly appreciated

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (224 Views)

Re: Question about Radial dimensions

10-13-2012 11:13 AM in reply to: 01rs25subaru

Hi,

I think it's easier to get the drawing (just this circle and the dimension object) so we can see how your dimension style is defined.

By default I would suggest to use the grips to move the dimension text (select the dimension and click then on the blue square/grip to stretch the text to a new position).

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 4 (213 Views)

10-14-2012 05:19 AM in reply to: 01rs25subaru
Leave the text as part of the dimension, them manually move the dimtext to where you want it.
Never have a floating text object like that, bad drafting technique.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
dbroad
Message 4 of 4 (205 Views)

10-14-2012 11:03 AM in reply to: 01rs25subaru

I can't see the difference between the two tiff images but to add a piece of text below the dimension line add the text override <>\X(TYP)  I personally think the period is not needed.  Just all caps the abbreviation.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube