Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy enabler for different software

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
salazargl
317 Views, 6 Replies

Proxy enabler for different software

OK, I am in need of a proxy enabler for different software. I am opening up several drawings and each one of them have a differnet issue with proxies, type files one is from the Bentley company and the other one I have no idea what program it form but I do know that the dialog box is give me this info  ARLCShipCon and ARLCLable Class if anyone know what program this is it would help. And let me know if there is enabler for both of them. 

AutoCAD 2013 (64bit) 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: salazargl

Bentley produces a lot of different software; you will need to know which in order to download and install the correct object enabler.

Note that installing object enablers isn't always necessary.  If you want to view drawing elements then it needs to be installed; if this is just to dismiss a warning dialog and the drawing isn't missing any content, then you can look into ways to remove the offending data or disable the warning dialog.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 7
salazargl
in reply to: dgorsman

How do I fine out what product? and I am trying to see what the proxy is to see if it will effect the drawing or not, I have been reading about all this proxy stuff, and tested the command AECtoAutocad on a drawing I had to redrawing the proxy on already well I wish I know about that command a week ago. but my manin thing if I can not see the proxy and its telling me it a graphic proxy how can I fine it, or could it be graphic but not really be a graphic?
Message 4 of 7
dgorsman

The Proxy Information box will show what the missing application is, and hopefully enough information to contact the publisher.  Bentley support is fairly reasonable, they may need you to send a copy of the file so they can see what is needed.  You should also ask those who created the file as they should know what software and version was used along with which OEs you will need.  You might end up needing the full version of the applicable programs to do work with those files.

The tricky part is this: all entities (lines, circles, 3D solids, etc.) are objects, but not all objects are entities.  So you may be getting a warning because there is data embedded in the file which has zero impact on what you are doing.  For example, if I open a simple drawing with Bentley AutoPLANT but do nothing other than save it will add data to the drawing.  When that drawing is opened elsewhere on a computer without AutoPLANT or the object enabler it will indicate "Missing application: blahblahblah" even though it won't affect the drawing.

Message 5 of 7
salazargl

that is what I figured after reading some different threads on this subject, my main problem is my company is a contract with government and these drawing where not from them and we can not contact the originator. that the big headache. So I am stuck with finding what I fine and trying to figure it out, I did use the command AECTOACAD, it seem like it converted the proxy to a block stated but now I have more layers and they will not purge out, I believe due to the fact they are ones for View port on each sheet and paper space element would you know if I am correct,
Message 6 of 7
dgorsman

You're up against a corner, I'm afraid.  You *really* need to get ahold of the originator of the drawings so you know what you are working with, since you may need to purchase that software to work properly with the files.

Message 7 of 7
salazargl

OK I just found out the program or add-on they organator used or using its Ship construction any idea or info on this program

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost