AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

mthous72
Message 1 of 2 (867 Views)

Proxy Information Dialog Box

867 Views, 1 Replies
01-24-2013 12:39 PM

Most individual want to remove the Proxy Information Dialog Box.  I already understand how to turn this off PROXYSHOW/PROXYNOTICE/PROXYGRAPHICS.  What I'd like to know is where the data that is displayed in the Proxy Information Dialog Box comes from?  Is there a way to get this information after the fact (as in, after I've closed the dialog box, but while the current drawing is open)?

Just curious.

Matt

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (835 Views)

Re: Proxy Information Dialog Box

01-26-2013 08:35 AM in reply to: mthous72

Hi,

while the drawing is opened it has to read the content of the drawing-database to know what AutoCAD has to display on your screen. And while going through the database it might come to an object that is primarily unknown to AutoCAD itself ... then AutoCAD searches for object enabler to get known to that objects, if it does not find an object enabler it will handle the object as proxy.

As long as you can do some development you will be able to get the info also after the drawing has finished loading. Without having development knowledge you might have a chance with command _QSELECT, this will give you the option to select objects of type "proxy" as long as you are in the same space (modelspace or paperspace in a layout) when starting the command.

HTH, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube