Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Navigator Sheets Disappearing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1004 Views, 6 Replies

Project Navigator Sheets Disappearing

When I try to create subsets and sheets I  get a box that shows up that says "Cannot find the data. The sheet set may have been changed by others. Please refresh the project." When I get this, any subset or sheet that I created will disappear. It never makes it to the folders or anything. I have tried closing the project and refreshing it, rebooting autocad, rebooting the whole computer. Ive tried everything I can think of and nothing fixes it. If anyone has had this happen and have figured out how to fix this please help me. This is a very frustrating problem. I have attached a screenshot showing the message I get.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

When I try to create subsets and sheets I  get a box that shows up that says "Cannot find the data. The sheet set may have been changed by others. Please refresh the project." When I get this, any subset or sheet that I created will disappear. It never makes it to the folders or anything. I have tried closing the project and refreshing it, rebooting autocad, rebooting the whole computer. Ive tried everything I can think of and nothing fixes it. If anyone has had this happen and have figured out how to fix this please help me. This is a very frustrating problem. I have attached a screenshot showing the message I get.

Are you using ACAD Arch?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I am using ACAD MEP 2014.

Message 4 of 7
RAMasterson

In ACAD MEP Project Navigator's (PN) sheet data is kept in a file with a .dst extension, the same as vanilla ACAD's sheet set manager.

First thing I would do is make sure that the is a file with a .dst extension in the same folder that contains your PN project file (this file will have a .apj extension & is the file used to open the project in PN.

The .dst file is usualy not that big, but if its corrupt, it may show as 0 bytes. If so, you can copy the .dst file from your latest backup solution (you do have one...right) to restore it.

You may have to recreate any sheet set edits or reimport any sheets that were done after the backup was created.

All your .dwg data in not effected by replaceing the .dst file, so the risk is not much...

Good luck

Bob

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: RAMasterson

My .dst file is there and it shows as 21KB. So I am going to assume that it is not corrupt. One thing I have noticed is that my ftp server is creating many duplicates of the .dst file. It is seeing it as a conflicted file. Would this be creating my issue?

Message 6 of 7
RAMasterson

I don't see why having multiple .dst files would cause an issue (although you may want to solve why multiples are being created). PN can only have one path to a silgle .dst file. I would check to see that the path is correct to the .dst file you intend to be using. you can check this by going to the sheet set in PN r-click\properties and checking the path.

You could also try just opening the .dst file in sheet sheet manager to see if any errors pop up, this may give you another clue...type SSM on the command line, click Open & browse to the .dst file that shows in the above step.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: RAMasterson

The sheet set seems to be ok. The path to the .dst is the correct path. Nothing seems to fix this issue. Thank you for taking the time. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Something has to fix this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost