AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

julio.cohen002
Message 1 of 8 (306 Views)

Problems with rendering

306 Views, 7 Replies
03-16-2013 01:41 PM

Hello,

I'm having problems with rendering. Whenever I render I have one of three problems with it. Sometimes it won't start rendering and the message (attachment error) pops up saying that I must have a 3d solid object in the rendering, which I clearly do. Sometimes it will start to render and a high quality render will be done within 2 minutes (there's no way that should be possible) and then the render appears like I have in the other attachment. I went to my college to use their computers and the problem that it would give me there is that regardless of what rendering preset that I have it on, it would only come out in draft quality.

I have tried various things and I've had 2 professors try to help me but we are all stumped on the problem. This is for a project for work and we were supposed to have presented this on Friday but due to these problems we pushed the date till Monday in hopes that a professor could help.

I am working with 2013. At the school we tried changing it to 2012 but still had the same problems.

I would be very greatful for your help! Please advise...

*Expert Elite*
braudpat
Message 2 of 8 (271 Views)

Re: Problems with rendering

03-17-2013 01:56 AM in reply to: julio.cohen002

Hello

Strange, if you select a chair or a table and ask for properties, which kind of object is it ? 

Solid 3D ou Wireframe 3D Surface 3D or ???

If you WBLOCK one table and chairs to an other DWG, and try to render them ???

Eventually you could install SP 1.1 for ACAD 2013 (I don't think it's the problem !) :

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20327837&linkID=9240618

Bye, Pat

Bye, Pat

julio.cohen002
Message 3 of 8 (244 Views)

03-17-2013 06:23 PM in reply to: braudpat

They are 3D solid objects, a couple of surfaces, and mesh objects. I have already installed the service pack, yet the problem continues.

I can block and render objects in another drawing with no poblem. When I tried it with the entire drawing the same error message popped up.

A professor suggested that it might be because of the computer that I'm using. However, I'm still having the same problems on three different computers.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 8 (236 Views)

03-17-2013 11:55 PM in reply to: julio.cohen002

Hi,

>> I'm still having the same problems on three different computers

With that specific drawing? Is it possible that you have some proxy-objects in the drawing? (like having inserted some parts from AutoCAD Architecture and now running plain AutoCAD)

Is it possible that you save your drawing in an older format than 2013?

If some parts work in other drawings then you might try to delete a group of parts in a copy of your current drawing, so when it starts to render the last deletion had objects that might be the source of the problem. So run UNDO and continue to delete other parts until you have fixed it.

The same procedure might be done with freezing a set of layers (may be, that is not as save, of course)?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
*Expert Elite*
braudpat
Message 5 of 8 (232 Views)

03-18-2013 03:38 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hello

Please let visible only layers with 3D object and then WBLOCK all visible entities ...

Can you render the new DWG ?

Bye, Pat

Bye, Pat

julio.cohen002
Message 6 of 8 (178 Views)

03-21-2013 06:27 AM in reply to: braudpat

I tried what you suggested Pat, however it didn't render.

I figured out that it was a material that I created and applied to the walls. I deleted that and did some renders. My boss saw the renders and then asked me to make some changes. The problem is ocurring again. I believe the problem is that the file is either too large for AutoCAD or for the computer that I'm using. The file size is 78.9 MB.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 7 of 8 (166 Views)

03-21-2013 07:17 AM in reply to: julio.cohen002

Hi,

>> I figured out that it was a material

Do you save your drawing in 2013 format? If not ... that might be a reason.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
*Expert Elite*
braudpat
Message 8 of 8 (157 Views)

03-21-2013 08:14 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hello

Your 3D DWG is about 80 Mb !

Which ACAD exactly ? 32 or 64 bits ?

How much memory on your PC ?

Which Windows ?

Bye, Pat

Bye, Pat

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube