Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with option "move"

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
611 Views, 7 Replies

Problems with option "move"

Hi, Im pretty new to AutoCAD and to this community as well, so this question might be stupid .. 

Anyway, I got trouble with option move. For my homework I got a picture to draw. Most of the picture I had to make it by myself, except for the "screws". Screws were already made by our profesor and we just had to import them in.

I copy/pasted them on the same drawing, but when it comes to actuall move them I cant get them to the right location, they always appear somewhere I dont want them.

I have put some screenshots as well. Im using AutoCAD 2014.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

How did you tried to move them?

Do you use MOVE command?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Yes, I use the option move. I click on object and then I hit option move.
Message 4 of 8
pendean

So what happens next?
Perhaps you need to turn off OSNAPS: and stop using copy/paste, there is a COPY command.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Object after move command, stops existing. Then I use undo command to get it back. 

What I have to get is those screws on the red circled areas, but it doesnt really work for me :S

What is the difference between copy and copy/paste?

Message 6 of 8
pendean

Try ZOOM command's EXTENTS option when you block disappears and see of you can find it again. ZOOM command also has an OBJECT option you can use.

COPY is an AutoCAD command (the program you are learning), copy/paste is a Windows clipboard function that can fail to work sometimes. Learn AutoCAD properly.
Message 7 of 8
M_Hensley

When using the MOVE command you need to select an accurate base point and destination point. This is where OSNAPS come in. Hold CTRL and right-click to get the OSNAP menu and select an OSNAP that works for your object. You could use intersection or midpoint to select the base point on the screw and then endpoint for the destination. Try several different ones to see what works best on your objects.

Message 8 of 8
nestly2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost