Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems opening drawings drawings with Xrefs

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Vitornis
350 Views, 6 Replies

Problems opening drawings drawings with Xrefs

I'm having problems with my Autocad opening drawings with xref's. This only happens on my computer. Other computer at the office will open the drawing just fine. If i open the drawing with one of the other computers i can de-attached the xref files and i can open the drawing normally on my computer. Also i can attached the xrefs back into the drawing after it is open and i can work normally. But if i close the drawing and try to reopen it with the xref's attached it'll crash every time. Anyone have any clue's why this would be happening?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: Vitornis

What is different about your machine and the other ones?
What version and SP of CAD?
What O/S on the machines?
Have you tried RECOVERALL on these parent drawings on a machine where it does open okay?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 7
Vitornis

Some of the machines are identical to mine.
2013 lastest service pack.
windows 7 and vista
yes
Message 4 of 7
Vitornis

Oh and another oddities i noticed was that i can publish the drawings just find but if i try to open it to edit it will crash.
Message 5 of 7
jggerth

one thing you might want to try is to boot into whatever diagnostics mode is on that PC< and run the RAM tests.  Occasionally a bad stick of RAM can result in weirdly unique problems.

Message 6 of 7
allanr

I would check xloadctl on your machine and the ones without the issue. if you have alot of xrefs it can hose a file open operation while it reads all those drawings into your designated temp folder.
Message 7 of 7
Vitornis
in reply to: allanr

I think i have finally figured out the solution to this. It seems to only be an issue where I have a drawing that has a Civil 3d drawing attached to it. I think on some of the computer the Object enabler for Civil 3d is causing the crash.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost